Solved: 4 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago How to safely update MyBB?
Solved: 4 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I'm very new to MyBB but I have a bit of members and I need to update MyBB without messing up the theme or anything and I don't know how to and I'm scared I'll mess up my forums. I have MyBB 1.8.7 and I want to update to MyBB 1.8.8.
http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

Back up your files and database, upload the changed files (http://resources.mybb.com/downloads/chan...s_1808.zip), run the upgrade script.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
(2016-12-11, 01:47 PM)GoldenBB Wrote: I'm very new to MyBB but I have a bit of members and I need to update MyBB without messing up the theme or anything and I don't know how to and I'm scared I'll mess up my forums. I have MyBB 1.8.7 and I want to update to MyBB 1.8.8.

Ok so first of all, login into your Admin CP go to Tools & Maintenance > Backup Database > Select all tables > Select the options you want > Either save the backup to the admin directory or download it to your desktop. Also, copy your forum files to your PC! Those will be the 2 backups you will need to do.

2nd: Download MyBB 1.8.8 files. Extract them from the ZIP folder. You will only need the "Upload" folder inside the ZIP one.

3rd: Select all files and folders from the "Upload" folder and upload them to your MyBB root directory. Those files must overwrite any existent ones!

4th: Once the upload is complete, open your MyBB forums and then add in front of the URL path: "/install/"

5th: Choose the option "Upgrade to MyBB 1.8.8" and select the previous version "1.8.7".

Finally once everything is done delete the install directory from your MyBB installation.

Thank you,
Pmx.pt
[Image: rsVwaMgDaTmSxwe1yZxAO1CN-R-kvo9x23AU520m...h768-rw-no]
What upgrade script?
It is explained in the upgrade docs I linked to.

Quote:Open your forum’s home page in your web browser and add /install/ to the URL. For example, www.yourdomain.com/install/ or www.yourdomain.com/forum/install/.

Then, as explained above, you will need to choose the option to upgrade. Be careful not to choose the option to install, pick the option to upgrade.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
I wouldn't trust the mybb database backup though, it was always a corrupt file for me.
(2016-12-11, 03:52 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: I wouldn't trust the mybb database backup though, it was always a corrupt file for me.

I didn't backup the database that way. I downloaded the database directly from my server.