Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved Members Missing After Migration
Not Solved
Hi I deleted my old hosting account (no support linux) then bought hawkhost they managed to restore my website HOWEVER a few posts and members are missing they told me to contact you guys.

Would you be able to help?

Here is my forum http://utubepoop.com/index.php

Thank you very much for your help and time Smile  I promise I won't beat around the bush like the last thread  Smile 

Thanks again

-bigredclaygeorgia
Not Solved
Did they latest and correct backup of your site ?
Not Solved
(02-04-2017, 07:03 PM)WallBB Wrote: Did they latest and correct backup of your site ?

yes i think they did i only had 1 backup
Not Solved
It would have imported whatever was in the backup - it sounds like more data was added after the backup was taken, in which case it can't be recovered if a newer backup doesn't exist.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
Not Solved
(02-04-2017, 07:10 PM)Matt Wrote: It would have imported whatever was in the backup - it sounds like more data was added after the backup was taken, in which case it can't be recovered if a newer backup doesn't exist.

oh so what your saying is if i added new material when the backup was restored i can't get back the old info?
Not Solved
Not exactly - if you take a backup, then continue using the forum, and then restore that backup you took, it will only contain data that was in the database at the point you took the backup, none of the data added after it was taken will be in it. From what I understand from your original post, new data was created on the old host after the backup was taken, so when it was restored on the new host, the new data wasn't restored (as it was never backed up).
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
Not Solved
(02-04-2017, 07:22 PM)Matt Wrote: Not exactly - if you take a backup, then continue using the forum, and then restore that backup you took, it will only contain data that was in the database at the point you took the backup, none of the data added after it was taken will be in it. From what I understand from your original post, new data was created on the old host after the backup was taken, so when it was restored on the new host, the new data wasn't restored (as it was never backed up).

thats probably what happened ain't a big deal (to be honest they were fake members that i made and fake posts so i can just redo them) Smile

But please keep this thread open in case i run into more issues

Thank you very much Smile