Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many forums come and go
(02-14-2017, 04:28 PM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: For guest posting, it varies by case I think. If you have a way to properly manage it then it could work out great and I'd only recommend it for certain types of forums.

I'm yet to see a forum where guest posting would be beneficial at all.
[Image: an-logo.png]
How does Asperger's Network work? Behind Asperger's Network is a behind the scenes look at our inner workings!
Roleplay forums use guest posting a lot actually.

A large number of them have sections (oft at the bottom of their forum) where any other roleplay site with a guest section can dump their forum ad.

I can't say whether or not it works very well (some people I've talked to swear by it, others are a bit less enthused). But the community seems to like using it so it must have some value to them.
My MyBB 2.0 suggestions - Mass edit group permissions - Post based Anti-spam
^ Dare I say https://lunaticoutpost.com/ be an exception to that.
Show off your work, and get critique from other friendly and experienced artists on PixelForums.
Starting a forum is becoming increasingly hard due to social media. Another factor is a lot of forum owners are trying to enter an already saturated niche without any innovation or experience.
[Image: TExMo15.png]

This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(02-15-2017, 08:33 AM)Paradigm Wrote: Starting a forum is becoming increasingly hard due to social media. Another factor is a lot of forum owners are trying to enter an already saturated niche without any innovation or experience.

True. You need to have struck an SEO Goldmine if you want any chance at succeeding.
Lunorian - I'm here as I want to help other forum owners Smile
(02-15-2017, 08:33 AM)Paradigm Wrote: Starting a forum is becoming increasingly hard due to social media. Another factor is a lot of forum owners are trying to enter an already saturated niche without any innovation or experience.

several forum owners moved their forums over to facebook in recent months. I stay away from social sites. -didn't like the abusive comments left by uncouth individuals
[Image: Nucuta.png]