Difference between insert post and insert post from draft?
Hi everyone,

I've got a function that is hooked to "datahandler_post_insert_post".

What already works:
- When a user posts in a certain forum (set in $ipids) the user table in the database is updated
- If the post is safed as a draft it isn't

My Problem now is that the user table should be updated if I edit a draft and turn it into a visible post. The part of datahandler/post.php that refers to that looks quite similar and it's the same hook so I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Here is my code:
$ipids = explode(",", trim($mybb->settings['lastippost']));
if (in_array($datahandler->data['fid'], $ipids) && $datahandler->data['visible'] == 1)
{
        $db->update_query("users", array('lastippost' => $datahandler->data['dateline']),"uid = '".$datahandler->data['uid']."'");
}

Any ideas?
What version of MyBB are you using? I don't know what that site you linked is but that's version 1.6, which is several years old. https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...s/post.php is the actual current version of the file for 1.8.10. To answer your question, I don't see anything wrong with those few lines, what is the exact error you're getting and what is the rest of your code? Would be helpful to see the $datahandler object, etc. Have you checked to see if the update query is even being called? Does the lastippost column exist in the users table?
My Plugins: [1.8]|[1.6]

** Selling custom plugin that enables Bitcoin payments. PM me if interested in purchasing! **
Oh thanks for pointing that out, I didn't look at the version in the site I linked. I'm using the latest version of mybb.

I'm using this hook here at the top of my file:

$plugins->add_hook("datahandler_post_insert_post", "lastippost_insert");  

And this is the whole function (the parts IP Posts and NP Posts are almost similar, ignore one of them Wink ) :
function lastippost_insert($datahandler)
{
        global $db, $mybb;

if ($mybb->settings['lastippost'] != '' || $mybb->settings['lastnppost'] != '')
        {
                //IP Posts loggen
                $ipids = explode(",", trim($mybb->settings['lastippost']));
                if (in_array($datahandler->data['fid'], $ipids) && $datahandler->data['visible'] == 1)
                {
                        $db->update_query("users", array('lastippost' => $datahandler->data['dateline']),"uid = '".$datahandler->data['uid']."'");
                }

//NP Posts loggen
                $npids = explode(",", trim($mybb->settings['lastnppost']));
                if (in_array($datahandler->data['fid'], $npids)  && $datahandler->data['visible'] == 1)
                {
                        $db->update_query("users", array('lastnppost' => $datahandler->data['dateline']),"uid = '".$datahandler->data['uid']."'");
                }
        }
}

To answer your questions:
It does work when a new post is posted so that's how I know the code as such works. The lastippost column exists, is filled correctly and there is no error.

When I update a draft to turn it into a visible post, there is no error as well but the column simply isn't filled. 

From what I understand of the code the same hook is used in the same way and should therefore work similar. Or is that where I'm wrong?
Can anyone explain me how the hook works differently in these two cases (editing draft to post vs. regular post)?
Or is it my code that is wrong?

I would really love to finish that plugin Smile