Discuss: MyBB 1.2.9 Released - Important Security Update
You can give feedback on it here:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20904
[Image: destroyerjf8.jpg]

Give us your feedback about MyBB in this thread and become listed on the MyBB website.
Did you guys add new page numbers? They look fancy.
Are you an avatar movie fan?
[Image: avatarzd.png]
shadow82x Wrote:Did you guys add new page numbers? They look fancy.

Yes they do... Are these applied in the patch?

Thanks for the upgrade, I moved here due to hacking risk and with patches released quickly I think it's a smart choice. Another reason why people should be backing this wonderful package.

~Kerrang!
No they are not included. MyBB 1.2.9 only fixes a recently discovered vulnerability.
[Image: destroyerjf8.jpg]

Give us your feedback about MyBB in this thread and become listed on the MyBB website.
Got my three forums upgraded. Smile Still got another one to go yet. hehe
~ FFW

FYI: I'm not a sir, dude, or guy. I am a 'miss'. Rolleyes
Forum upgraded, thanks! Wink
Sucks to hear, good you found it out and stopped it. Thanks for the upgrade. Hopefully they haven't f*cked anything up.
Thanks Chris
Thanks for the upgrade.

Here are a few suggestions from a total newbie in MyBB management :

- I tried the patch plugin to upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.9. As there is nowhere an information which say how to use it... it wasn't useful, but it is a really good idea as a patch to upgrade MyBB is the easiest way for everybody.
- So, I put the complete 1.2.9 zip and launch the upgrade page. I guess it works BUT, when I use the version check, it write that it is always 1.2.6.

Anyway, thanks for your great work.
You guys should have seen our frantic attempts to figure out what the heck was going on when we found those hacking attempts on the server. Glad we were able to stop it in time before anything bad happened.

BTW, your passwords can NEVER be stolen. They would be useless to any hacker. They're encrypted with a md5 and a salt, AND we use the "login key" - nothing else. In a case where a hacker did get in we could just reset the login keys and the only thing people would have to is log back in.

destroyer Wrote:Thanks for this quick patch, guys!

What would happen if I upload both the changed files archive, and the mybb129patch.php plugin (and activate it too)?

Umm... Nothing bad. You'd just have a fail-safe in case you screwed up the manual patch >.>