Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved Minimum text length in PM?
Not Solved
Hi,
is there any way how to set minimum text length for PMs? Thank you very much!
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
There doesn't seem to be, not through the ACP anyways. I haven't found any plugins for this either.
[Image: 87ee2bb91058f535f4c1fcba43b7bd7c.jpg]
Not Solved
Hey Eldenroot. Best solution I can come up for this is--

Go to AdminCP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Your Theme > Private Messaging Templates > private_send

In the template go to your message text area
<textarea name="message"

and add the following in that tag
minlength="30"

The result will give the sender an error stating to lengthen the text. Change the 30 number to your desired minimum amount. Also add the minlength code to your private_quickreply template as well.

[Image: 7d3948777ef1f6464028bba331b957de.gif]
Hello I'm Wally, the administrator of Sharree.com
Not Solved
Thank you! Rep added. Would be better to make an option in ACP
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
Not Solved
It is not working for me somehow (does it affect admins?)
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(04-11-2017, 05:29 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: It is not working for me somehow (does it affect admins?)

It should affect all usergroups, link your forum and I'll check it out
[Image: 87ee2bb91058f535f4c1fcba43b7bd7c.jpg]
Not Solved
Ya this has no affect on usergroups, works for all. Did you add it to both your private quickreply and send templates?
Not Solved
Yes I did. Maybe it is because I use Rin editor
Not Solved
(04-12-2017, 03:32 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: Yes I did. Maybe it is because I use Rin editor

It could be. Try disabling Rin editor and test it. If it's working without Rin editor but you want to keep Rin (which I assume) then we'll find another solution I guess.
Not Solved
OK, I will try tomorrow with SCeditor and let you know... it is really weird