Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the oldest forums online switches to MyBB...
Thumbs Up 
My first official "forum" participation actually started on a Commodore 64 using a 300 BAUD modem accessing a BBS back in the mid 80s. My first internet forum participation was at a site named Ford vs Chevy - which started back in 1999. It's an official "big board" with over 300,000 posts - but there were actually many more than that which were lost years ago after a crash...

Here's the way it looked back in 1999 running Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB):
http://web.archive.org/web/2000030316120...tion=intro

And here it is today running MyBB:
https://fordvschevy.com/

It was down for awhile and I did the conversion a few days ago. I just sent out an email to all the members and hope to have some activity again soon. So far, I'm liking the way it looks and works. I'd love a good, solid responsive theme...

What do you think?
Sal Collaziano
Madison Ross Media Group
Showcase thread approved.
Great that you've kept up the site! Kudos on the switch! Smile
(06-12-2017, 12:41 AM)Spyda Wrote: Great that you've kept up the site!  Kudos on the switch!  Smile

Thank you very much! Smile
Sal Collaziano
Madison Ross Media Group
Congratulations on the switch, everything looks to be running smoothly. Smile

Even if you have not found a final theme, I'd recommend you to do a few modifications in your current one to fit your niche. A few tweaks here and there would make your forum look much better and stand out in the crowd to call more members back to the community.

Good luck!
(06-14-2017, 04:57 PM)José F. Wrote: Congratulations on the switch, everything looks to be running smoothly. Smile

Even if you have not found a final theme, I'd recommend you to do a few modifications in your current one to fit your niche. A few tweaks here and there would make your forum look much better and stand out in the crowd to call more members back to the community.

Good luck!

Thank you! I will definitely be making changes as time allows. I added a mobile theme for the time being but I do need to update that as well...
Sal Collaziano
Madison Ross Media Group