Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 2 Years, 4 Months ago Crashed my site - now what?
Solved: 2 Years, 4 Months ago Sad 
I uploaded the inc folder from another website on my localhost.
Then I found a backup from last month and uploaded the inc folder from that directory.

Still not working.
Any ideas as to how to fix this thing?
Sad
Solved: 2 Years, 4 Months ago
in general, that could be a problem with the plugin files. can you access admin panel ?

you can rename plugins folder as pluginsold folder & check
Update - I can get as far as the admin/index.php login screen.
When I login it produces this error: A valid method was not supplied to the data handler.

This is with the plugins folder renamed to pluginsold

The index.php produces an SQL message thusly:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'longlastip' in 'field list'Query:UPDATE myb_users SET lastvisit='1497322756', lastactive='1497364719', lastip='70.199.132.76', longlastip='1187480652' WHERE uid='1'
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(06-13-2017, 12:36 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: Update - I can get as far as the admin/index.php login screen.
When I login it produces this error: A valid method was not supplied to the data handler.

This is with the plugins folder renamed to pluginsold

The index.php produces an SQL message thusly:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'longlastip' in 'field list'Query:UPDATE myb_users SET lastvisit='1497322756', lastactive='1497364719', lastip='70.199.132.76', longlastip='1187480652' WHERE uid='1'

Unless you have backups of your files I would recommend you download your SQL database before attempting to make any changes, this way if it does go south you can use the merge tool and a fresh install of MyBB to save your users, posts, etc. If you would like some help feel free to add my skype and I can walk you through it (reaper_259), otherwise you can always make a copy of your old DB and use the merge tool to copy all your users, passwords, posts, attachements, and settings.
[Image: 87ee2bb91058f535f4c1fcba43b7bd7c.jpg]
Ouch!  My backup file was from 1.6.xx
That's why uploading the backup inc folder is not working.

Maybe if I upload a fresh copy of a inc folder and manually change the settings.php file. . .?

Current status/ Successfully uploaded old version backup 1.6.17 and it's database.
It seems to be working.
Next step to disable plugins and upgrade to V 1.8.12
All is not lost
Completed restoration of old version - upgraded to latest and greatest - installed plugins and other minor mods - made current backups of files and database.
Back on the net again!
Jump to the post that solved this thread.