Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved Can MyBB be install on blogger(google's blog platform)
Not Solved
Hello,

Is MyBB compatible with blogger(google blog platform?  If yes, can I have the instruction on how to install it or reference to who can help me install it?

I am a writer and I wish to create a community where my tribe members can interact with me and where I can share additional information with them. I saw someone with a MyBB forum and I LOVE how it looked so I am desire to replicate the forum he had on my blog.

Below is the web address. He told me that it was MyBB

<- snip ->
Not Solved
You can create a separate MyBB forum on a subdomain. It's not so much about compatibility as it is you have zero control over the hosting of your blog; it's all managed by Google. You'd need to install MyBB on a web host and manage it yourself.
Not Solved
what are the advantage of having control over the hosting?

will this affect the functionalities? I just want it to work and be up and available for my members to be able to interact with me and I can share new content with them.

Can you give me the top 4 disadvantage of letting it all be managed by Google?
Not Solved
in general, forum systems rely on databases & Google Blogging platform doesn't provide database services.
so a forum system cannot be installed on same hosting of the Google Blogger. forum system can be installed
elsewhere (paid or free web hosting) and it can be embedded / linked with your existing blog on Google.
Not Solved
(07-16-2017, 06:45 AM)Pbingue Wrote: Can you give me the top 4 disadvantage of letting it all be managed by Google?

You don't get a choice. You cannot "allow" Google to manage it for you. Blogger is a blog service, not a web host. Apples and oranges.
Not Solved
How do I install by BBforum on a wordpress blog once I download it?

Can someone point me to the instructions for doing so? Installing and setup up software is not one of those things that come easily to me.

Thank you.

Once I create a community with BBforum, Can I charge people to join? does it have that functionality?
Not Solved
(7 hours ago)Pbingue Wrote: How do I install by BBforum on a wordpress blog once I download it?

Can someone point me to the instructions for doing so? Installing and setup up software is not one of those things that come easily to me.

Thank you.

If you're talking about Wordpress.com, which hosts the blog for you, you can't. If you're talking about installing Wordpress (from Wordpress.org) on a webhost and installing MyBB alongside it, you either need to create a new directory (e.g. forum) and install MyBB there, or create a new subdomain (e.g. forum.example.com) and install MyBB there.

(7 hours ago)Pbingue Wrote: Once I create a community with BBforum, Can I charge people to join? does it have that functionality?

There's probably something like that available: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ry=plugins