Not Solved HELP!!!! - Upgrade killed my site
Not Solved
Hi All.

I just tried running the upgrade to move from .11 to .12 via softaculous

when I clicked on the upgrade link after I uploaded the installer, I just got a 403 error.

Going to my url did the same thing.

I made a backup before I ran the upgrade so I restored to .11 but all I see on my site is the same 403 error.

Has anyone got any idea what I do now - Please help - I spent ages putting this thing together
Not Solved
Are you sure the files have the correct permissions set on them? This sounds like a server error rather than a MyBB error.
PGP Key (Fingerprint: 23B6 F4C0 FE2D 45AA 61A0 1E86 DB87 09DC DD87 6E40)
Not Solved
Ive no idea what the problem is the softaculous installer is supposed to manage the install/ upgrade.

I found an install directory in my 'public' folder this morning, deleted that, and now I can access the site again thankfully

I think I will keep away from upgrades for the time being!
Not Solved
Glad you figured out what went wrong, but I would like to take a moment to address a couple of things.

Quote:Ive no idea what the problem is the softaculous installer is supposed to manage the install/ upgrade.
There are many instances in the past where Softaculous and similar autoinstallers have failed to upgrade forums properly. It is strongly recommended that you perform upgrade processes manually so that all files that need to be updated are updated correctly.

Quote:I think I will keep away from upgrades for the time being!
Don't do that. Upgrades contain important security patches and bug fixes that you don't want to miss out on. If you need help with carrying out the upgrade process manually in the future, please always feel free to refer to https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/ or post here for additional assistance.
PGP Key (Fingerprint: 23B6 F4C0 FE2D 45AA 61A0 1E86 DB87 09DC DD87 6E40)