Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 1 Week, 4 Days, 4 Hours, 10 Minutes, 53 Seconds ago I have a user that is being presented to me as Banned. But they can still post ?
Solved: 1 Week, 4 Days, 4 Hours, 10 Minutes, 53 Seconds ago
I have a user that is being presented to me as Banned, but in the Banned Account panel I am told that I do not have any Banned Users. Also, this Banned User is still able to post. But without any moderator privs that they used to have.

Can anybody tell me what is going on ?
How do you know they are posting? The "Who's Online" list may show the user as posting, but they really see a permission error screen.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(09-13-2017, 07:12 PM)laie_techie Wrote: How do you know they are posting? The "Who's Online" list may show the user as posting, but they really see a permission error screen.

Exactly, however MyBB could avoid location updates for banned members. Maybe in MyBB 1.8.13?
I used to have faith that MyBB would one day accept feedback and become better software - I was wrong. I've switched to NodeBB. Goodbye Everyone Sad
The 'User' in question is one of my 'Aliases' Did I spell that correcly ?
That is how I know that they can still post, despite getting the pink 'Banned' message bar when I log in with that particular ID.
Yes, you spelt aliases correctly Smile

Hm, have you changed the permissions for the Banned group?
[Image: aJQTgYK.png]
How does Asperger's Network work? Behind Asperger's Network is a behind the scenes look at our inner workings!
That has got it sorted. I checked the permissions and found I had multi selected various groups for this ID.l

thanks again !
Jump to the post that solved this thread.