[DEV] Send information about new posts and threads to Discord channel using WebHooks
Hi,

I am working on a plugin that send a message whenever new thread or post are added. You can:

* choose, from which boards you want push an information,

* select information method (only a simple message about new thread/posts, message with short post/thread (up to 100 chars), message with long post/thread (up to 1000 chars)
* change default info message text to yours

*** this is a development version ***

https://github.com/ryczypior/discord-webhook-for-mybb
Great, thank you! I am looking forward! I just need something like GitHub webhooks which sends info about new PR/issues/changes etc but for MyBB.

Any planned features/changes or known bugs? I would like to use it on my live board. Thank you!
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
Yes, I tought about these features:
* multiple webhooks (for different boards and/or events)
* more events (hooks) - after merge, after post/thread update, MAYBE PM notification (I'm not sure if it's good idea)
* turning on/off single events (hooks)

Known bugs:
* problems with '[' and ']' characters - everything inside the brackets is not shown (I'll have to escape them)

This plugin is very new, but I'm using it on my forum and it works good Smile
I just reported an issue on your GitHub - I cannot install and activate Sad
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
What a shame Big Grin I used to use ActiveRecord, and I didn't escaped strings. It's corrected now, but you have to install the plugin, uninstall it and reinstall again (just because of previous incomplete installation).
//EDIT, Thanks for your contribution!
Thank you, works fine. I miss setting for sending info only for new threads Sad is that possible to add it?
Of course, I'll do it tomorrow Smile Maybe I'll have time to add more events (like update post, merge post, etc)
I was considering making something like this both to send web hooks and to receive them from places like GitHub. Nice work so far Smile
@ryczypior - I have an issue - I can install and activate, I set URL etc. but no info post are send to our Discord channel

EDIT: My webhook URL is something like:
https://ptb.discordapp.com/api/webhooks/xxx/yyy

I think that "ptb" is the issue? I will try it without it, maybe if it is the issue, it could accept url in both formats (I use beta sw for win)

EDIT2: yes, without "ptb" works fine
Exactly, plugin checks if URL is webhook's url. I've just add a ptb subdomain option, so it should works with both.