Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved [How To?] Moving MyBB to New Domain
Not Solved
(09-09-2019, 03:29 PM)Learning Wrote: No I can't still activate the plugins....

And cannot change the settings - still getting them for earlier domain / path ...

Appreciate all inputs...

Looks like an aggressive cache setting/server to me. I don't have a clear idea on that, but suggest you read this post https://community.mybb.com/thread-217740...pid1305017 .

You might want to dig a lot in your HTTP/cache server configurations. I do peek the expires HTTP Header is set on your forum pages.
Worth a try.
Not Solved
OK I don't know how / why but the plugins seem activated now..I deleted one of them and maybe that frightened the rest :-)

Checking out board settings now...

OK the board settings have also changed :-)

Not clear what happened, however !
Not Solved
Not sure if it's really OK. I suggest you review your server settings for cache.

If you use a shard hosting, ask the hosting provider if any cache is enabled for your site with details on affections by using caching.
Worth a try.
Not Solved
OK, will do, thanks much for all your help...how do I review server settings for cache and what could be wrong there ?!

Yes I use shared hosting
Not Solved
(09-09-2019, 04:23 PM)Learning Wrote: (...) how do I review server settings for cache and what could be wrong there ?!

Yes I use shared hosting

Server configurations vary a lot, so there's no short answer. Better ask the hosting provider with that question if they can provide any valuable information. You may also search answers in this community (eg. the link I pasted in a previous post) and in search engines.
Worth a try.