[Rejected] Language variables with spritf keeps first value and all language vars.
I am currently developing a new plugin and found this error into mybb.

In postbit where values are changes into every post or any new pages you can see this error.

Sample 1:

$lang->sample1 = "Sample 1";
---------
other lang vars.
------------
$lang->sample1 = "This is a new value for sample 1";

The right value must be the latest one, but unfortunatelly allways takes the first value.

And the real problem is when i use lang->sprintf

I mean if i woul like to use this:

$lang->sample2 = "User id for this post {1}";

$lang->sample2 = $lang->spritf($lang->sample2,$post['newvalue']);

And if i use this:

$lang->sample2 = "User id for this post ".$post['newvalue'];

Then the right value appears like if i use the sprintf ...

And use it into a hook in postbit template then allways takes the first post uid and the same text

This way i can not do any language vars like sprintf any more and i have to use directly into post vars, or how can we use this ?
The only infinite thing is the universe and human stupidity, but the universe is not for sure

Plugins 1.6.x

Plugins 1.8.x

Please give us a code sample that we can use to test this issue. Sorry you are having troubles.
[retired]
https://github.com/WhiteNeo/post_rate

Even i was sent in here but still waiting validation.

I have comented lang part into postbit with the common errors and in new templates i have to add multi instances to retrieve code besides one var or lang var. Maybe i am doing something wrong and no problem mate i know how hard is mantain the code up to date.

Thanks for your time.

I was taken the value from a new serialized data into posts and when i dump the var all values are right, if i use the code in parts it is fine too but if i use sprintf then the same value keeps it as the first one result.

In new templates i have to do the same.

If you can review that to help me on the right way to write all missing parts in this plugin it would be awesome.

Ok i have make a video of what i mean.

In ajax all works fine, even if i write lang vars with the value but do not with sprintf, only some parts works fine even if i put into a post var same happens, the value are there but only if i set without sprintf works fine.

Thanks in advance.
The only infinite thing is the universe and human stupidity, but the universe is not for sure

Plugins 1.6.x

Plugins 1.8.x

Okay Whiteneo, I spent some time this morning and was able to track down the problem.

In inc/plugins/dnt_post_rate.php on line 860 (and 861 in the commented line), you are overwriting this language variable:

$l['pcl_total'] = '<span style="display:block">This post has been rated {1} times.';

So that on the first iteration it is set to this:

$l['pcl_total'] = '<span style="display:block">This post has been rated 6 times.';

Then the next call to MyLanguage::sprintf cannot replace the {1} because it isn't there any more.

To fix, just assign to a variable instead of assigning back to the language variable.
[retired]
Ok undestand so the right way is using vars instead lang vars, well i can now continue writting this plugin without several unnecesary lang addittions because i do not like that Smile i prefer to use single as posible and editable as posible for user in the front end but backend i can focus into fix errors, customize the content to be easy to change from user's side.

Thanks for your time.

Plugins 1.6.x

Plugins 1.8.x

(2017-12-30, 09:44 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: Ok undestand so the right way is using vars instead lang vars

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with assigning values to new properties of the $lang object, but in cases where MyLanguage::sprintf is used, those variables (with the number placeholders, ie. {1}, {2}) should not be overwritten. Instead create a new (unused) property:

foreach ($things as $id => $thing) {
	$value1 = $thing->['property1'];
	$value2 = $thing->['property2'];

$lang->new_key = $lang->sprintf($lang->existing_key_with_placeholders, $id, $value1, $value2);

echo "<a href=\"url.com\">{$lang->new_key}</a>";
}

(2017-12-30, 09:44 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: Thanks for your time.

You're welcome. Smile
[retired]
yep at the end i will use that for new templates with the row value inside lang name declaration all other code must be the same, i was used a new post var for postbit but for new templates i will use that trick.

I mean i will use the count to set a value, then i will use this:

$lang->new_key[$item_no] = $lang->sprintf($lang->new_key, $id, $value1, $value2);

I think this one whould work either due i will assign new record value for every listed items into my sql rows.

I suppose this should work, but otherwise i will use foreach as you recommend, and thanks seriously for this aclaration, now i wont waste the time trying to make a function works where they are not Smile

Plugins 1.6.x

Plugins 1.8.x

You're welcome. Cool
[retired]