MyBB 1.9 Development
Quote:They are also doing mailer and PDO changes. Stuff that COULD be done later on.

As far as I know it isn't confirmed that such changes will be implemented into 1.9 but rather forthcoming updates.

Quote:As far as I know the Twig templating engine is integrated. The delay has been other changes they felt were warranted.

The major burden to this point has been the Twig implementation.
We going to continue being left in the dark?
(2020-11-13, 05:44 PM)Furious Wrote: We going to continue being left in the dark?
That's gonna keep on happening.
(2020-11-13, 11:13 PM)DevLife Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 05:44 PM)Furious Wrote: We going to continue being left in the dark?
Yea it's a shame. I think it is time I put my full effort into learning another forum software such as phpBB. Just as many others are doing.
You could have improved some bit if you have used the mean time since your last post.

Learning is never a downside. Who knows, you could have returned as a code contributor multiple times by now.

Toungue
(2020-11-14, 01:50 AM)Omar G. Wrote: You could have improved some bit if you have used the mean time since your last post.

Learning is never a downside. Who knows, you could have returned as a code contributor multiple times by now.

Toungue
I agree learning is never a downside. Would be hard to return as a code contributor if nobody knows what the progress is or even where to begin. 

That would actually be a nice update for the community what is the progress, what needs to be done, what percentage of that is done, etc. Surely if that information can be passed between developers it can be passed on to the community right?.
(2020-11-14, 01:32 AM)Furious Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 11:13 PM)DevLife Wrote:
Yea it's a shame. I think it is time I put my full effort into learning another forum software such as phpBB. Just as many others are doing.
Furious going a bit off-topic why not make a new Forum software I hope I don't come off rude.
Don't take my word as rude, but if coding a forum software, or even forking this or another software was easy pie you would have already done so or started contributing to this software in such a way that 2.0 could probably be released by the end of 2020.

It is simply too easy to come and type "lets fork this and that", as high profile as you might be, but reality is that there is no fork as of Nov 2020.

I'm not against forks, as competition is essential for improvement and innovation in a free or open market, I could even move on as a regular contributor to these dreamy projects, but look, there is none..
You can keep asking for updates, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is rude and childish to just complain in such a negative way, always by the same users.

Its easy to ignite a fire, now do something productive with it.
(2020-11-15, 03:20 AM)Omar G. Wrote: You can keep asking for updates, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is rude and childish to just complain in such a negative way, always by the same users.

Its easy to ignite a fire, now do something productive with it.
You know what else is rude is being told we would receive updates and then not get them. How do you think people are going to react to that?.

It reminds me of a project called THT, excellent product it was then they shot high new versions, the developer would give updates but eventually updates stopped in regards to that, then instead of going to the new version they backtracked like MyBB from 2.0 to 1.9 and as a result of that again some updates and eventually it stopped, the developer went silent and guess what? its a dead project now. 

Every time people ask for updates the answers have been simply horrible or no answers at all so yea people are starting to get negative about it.