Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MyBB 1.9 Development
(04-15-2019, 09:17 AM)hohonace Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 07:44 AM)kawaii Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 05:07 AM)hohonace Wrote: Hi guys, I'm new to the community. Is it possible to know about when the new version will be release?

Other than a vague 'this year' we can't really say much more. MyBB is a volunteer project, we work on this software in our spare time and without being paid for it - so development can often be slow.

Where can I start to contribute?

https://github.com/mybb
Did a quick search but only one thread showed up in the support forum.

Will there be any image compression added to 1.XX in the future? This is something that I always wanted and I think it's missing on any forum, something like WhatsApp that takes XXMB photo and compress it over to a few hundred KBs

Thanks
J
(04-15-2019, 04:11 PM)yulasinio Wrote: Did a quick search but only one thread showed up in the support forum.

Will there be any image compression added to 1.XX in the future?  This is something that I always wanted and I think it's missing on any forum, something like WhatsApp that takes XXMB photo and compress it over to a few hundred KBs

Thanks
J

We have no plans currently to introduce such a feature into MyBB - but as always these plans can be subject to change if enough people ask for something.
Thanks kawaii, is there anywhere I can add it as an official request? I'm sure we are not the only ones that would like to see this feature more than anything else. Is the only way we can fight the social media platforms.