Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Guys Think About My Theme So Far?
(02-11-2018, 10:20 AM)Brian. Wrote: You guys misunderstood me what I meant was I was sign up with a free web host and domain just so people can test and work on my theme with me not trying to setup a serious forum just a place for people to come work with me

Oh, no - please allow me the pretence of at least thinking my comments through before I post them. I did think about it, and I understood you perfectly. I still believe shelling out $2.50 a month for a vultr VPS (or the equivalent on whatever host you choose) is not only worth it, but a practical investment.

Why? Because you can set up virtualhosts - run your production website on one VHost, and your theme site on another. Nary the two shall touch.

Free hosting is notorious for its downtime.
[Image: aJQTgYK.png]
How does Asperger's Network work? Behind Asperger's Network is a behind the scenes look at our inner workings!
(02-11-2018, 10:21 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 10:20 AM)Brian. Wrote: You guys misunderstood me what I meant was I was sign up with a free web host and domain just so people can test and work on my theme with me not trying to setup a serious forum just a place for people to come work with me

Oh, no - please allow me the pretence of at least thinking my comments through before I post them. I did think about it, and I understood you perfectly. I still believe shelling out $2.50 a month for a vultr VPS (or the equivalent on whatever host you choose) is not only worth it, but a practical investment.

Why? Because you can set up virtualhosts - run your production website on one VHost, and your theme site on another. Nary the two shall touch.

Free hosting is notorious for its downtime.

Completely agree.
[Image: cafaf18ba2.gif]
FileSquid is under development
[Image: trk1]