Not Solved [General] HELP : Database Server Hostname
Not Solved
Where can I find my Database Server Hostname? I tried using localhost and it didn't work. Sad
Not Solved
(2018-02-13, 10:58 AM)VaneHD Wrote: Where can I find my Database Server Hostname? I tried using localhost and it didn't work. Sad

If you are using a shared hosting service then it would be better to ask your provider or if you are on a VPS then perhaps you might forget to install the MySQL.
[Image: cafaf18ba2.gif]
FileSquid is under development
[Image: trk1]
Not Solved
I've contacted my hosting provider and they didn't know.
Not Solved
do you have a control panel at your web host ? server details should be there

in general, when you signed up for web hosting, they send mail(s) with all technical details.
Not Solved
(2018-02-13, 12:45 PM).m. Wrote: do you have a control panel at your web host ? server details should be there

in general, when you signed up for web hosting, they send mail(s) with all technical details.
I have a cPanel but they haven't sent me the Database Server Hostname on my email.
Not Solved
^ would you like to PM me access to your web host panel to check ..
you can change your credentials later
Not Solved
(2018-02-13, 01:04 PM).m. Wrote: ^ would you like to PM me access to your web host panel to check ..
you can change your credentials later

Well, I don't want to share my cPanel to someone that I don't know.
I would prefer help.
Not Solved
^ who is your web host ?
if you have phpMyAdmin link at the panel main page then click it & try to find server details ..
Not Solved
(2018-02-13, 01:20 PM).m. Wrote: ^ who is your web host ?
if you have phpMyAdmin link at the panel main page then click it & try to find server details ..

HostGator

(2018-02-13, 01:20 PM).m. Wrote: ^ who is your web host ?

I've also Private messaged you my Database details.
Not Solved
in general, localhost as server name should work on hostgator.
what is the error you get when you try using localhost ?

[see also this guidance on hostgator site]