Not Solved Moving from IcyBoards. Tips/tricks/pitfalls/etc...
Not Solved
I'm moving from IcyBoards to a paid, hosted site. The non-profit company that I'm volunteering for is no longer relying on *.wordpress.com for their public site.

That means I get to play PHP admin (a role I'm not comfortable nor qualified for)
This means I have NO clue what to do inside cPanel/SQL/Softaculous installer...

Anyone out there have any tips/tricks for taking a backup of my IcyBoards backed-up (with attachments) to my new host? Yea, I LOVED IcyBoards, but totally get why it's going away.
Not Solved
There's no short way of doing this unfortunately. I'd suggest going through the installation process. Now you can follow these set of instructions on how to do a Database Restore. Follow instructions under "MySQL Database Restore" and "Optional".

Nearly there. Now go to your settings table and update the following:
  • Board URL (bburl) - Should be the link to your forum and should not containing a trailing slash. For example, http://domain.com
  • Homepage URL (homeurl) - Link to your forum.
  • Cookie Domain (cookiedomain) - Should be .domain.com be sure to include the dot (.) at the start
  • Cookie Path (cookiepath) - Should be just a slash (/). If your forums in a sub-folder, it'll be /subfolder/
Plugin Count: I lost count.
Public Plugins are available here.
Please do not PM me for support unless asked to.
Not Solved
(2018-07-09, 01:32 AM)Wires Wrote: There's no short way of doing this unfortunately. I'd suggest going through the installation process. Now you can follow these set of instructions on how to do a Database Restore. Follow instructions under "MySQL Database Restore" and "Optional".

Nearly there. Now go to your settings table and update the following:
  • Board URL (bburl) - Should be the link to your forum and should not containing a trailing slash. For example, http://domain.com
  • Homepage URL (homeurl) - Link to your forum.
  • Cookie Domain (cookiedomain) - Should be .domain.com be sure to include the dot (.) at the start
  • Cookie Path (cookiepath) - Should be just a slash (/). If your forums in a sub-folder, it'll be /subfolder/

Wasn't there some funky thing that IcyBoards did with the database prefix that made it rather interesting to restore the database?

I can't find the thread at the moment, but I remember reading that a few people had trouble getting the database restored due to the way IcyBoards did their database backups.

Just pointing this out.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DEAF GOLF
Not Solved
I believe IcyBoards has a custom table prefix generated for each account. Custom prefixes aren't anything unusual. I've actually included a note about IcyBoards in the Database Restore instructions I linked under "Optional" which should cover any problems the OP may have.

Previously the users have been trying to change their prefixes to match what's in inc/config.php, when instead they can just change their inc/config.php prefix to match what's already in their database.
Not Solved
So, I don't *THINK* I need to go through the Install, as there is a MyBB install available from the Softaculous page on my cPanel.

I did that, renamed all the prefixed tables inside my sql using notepad++
If I login to the admin cp, I can see all my users and my previous forums.
I updated the Borad URL, Homepage URL, Cookie Domain, and Cookie Path as indicated above.

now, I'm getting "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."
Not Solved
It’ll be no surprise if you experience bugs by Softaculous. You now need to download the latest version of MyBB and upgrade.
Not Solved
(2018-07-09, 08:05 AM)Wires Wrote: It’ll be no surprise if you experience bugs by Softaculous. You now need to download the latest version of MyBB and upgrade.

It's actually not a bug coming from Softaculous itself.
We don't know if that hosting company has the latest iteration of the MyBB software for their Softaculous.
They may be still using 1.8.15 version. Who knows.
My hosting company,SiteGround, does have the 1.8.16 version for their Softaculous.

Softaculous do not make the software. It's just an installer for the hosting company.
DEAF GOLF
Not Solved
(2018-07-09, 02:52 AM)shortcutkid Wrote: So, I don't *THINK* I need to go through the Install, as there is a MyBB install available from the Softaculous page on my cPanel.

I updated the Borad URL, Homepage URL, Cookie Domain, and Cookie Path as indicated above.

now, I'm getting "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

Sorry, I neglected to provide additional information: I tried to login as an existing user and got the above error
HOWEVER, when I register as a new user, I can get in and browse my old forum's information with no problems....
Not Solved
(2018-07-09, 12:58 PM)shortcutkid Wrote:
(2018-07-09, 02:52 AM)shortcutkid Wrote: So, I don't *THINK* I need to go through the Install, as there is a MyBB install available from the Softaculous page on my cPanel.

Sorry, I neglected to provide additional information: I tried to login as an existing user and got the above error
HOWEVER, when I register as a new user, I can get in and browse my old forum's information with no problems....

Go to this THREAD.

Apply the fixes as noted in post#1.
DEAF GOLF
Not Solved
Don't use Softaculous. Download the files from MyBB directly, point them to your imported IcyBoards database using the config.php, and run the upgrade using the MyBB installer/upgrade tool. You shouldn't have any problems as we provide a full database export. The only things you need to change are URLs and upload directories , as mentioned above.
RedHat Certified Systems Administrator