Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved [How To?] How is the nick changed?
Not Solved
Hi, 

Is it possible that the nickname, instead of showing the username, shows the name of the person?

For example in this case it is xmartinez. I wanna change it for "Xavier Martinez".

[Image: ne5kYd]

Thanks!
Not Solved
Can we get a link to your site - that image is broken.

If the nickname is stored then you can use it quite easily by modifying the template. The main issue is that unless the nickname is a required field, not everyone will set one, so some users will just have a blank name there.
Not Solved
This will need a custom plugin. As well as a username, you want users to set a "Nick Name" that they'll use on the forum, which MyBB does not support by default.
Plugin Count: I lost count.
Public Plugins are available here.
Official GitHub.
Please do not PM me for support unless asked to.
Not Solved
(07-23-2018, 05:47 PM)Wires Wrote: This will need a custom plugin. As well as a username, you want users to set a "Nick Name" that they'll use on the forum, which MyBB does not support by default.

I was under the impression that when a new user does sign up, they use their nickname, not their real name. 

There have been a few registrations that I have encountered that will have Username, Real Name and so on. 

So, I think whatever the user uses for their Username is considered a nickname because it's not their real name.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: y3xr3cj5]
Not Solved
(07-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Serpius Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 05:47 PM)Wires Wrote: This will need a custom plugin. As well as a username, you want users to set a "Nick Name" that they'll use on the forum, which MyBB does not support by default.

I was under the impression that when a new user does sign up, they use their nickname, not their real name. 

There have been a few registrations that I have encountered that will have Username, Real Name and so on. 

So, I think whatever the user uses for their Username is considered a nickname because it's not their real name.

I can see what your saying, but I've just referred to a username (what you sign up with), as a username, and a nick name as your full name. Your real alias. You're not wrong it's just the way I've worded it.

OP could probably use custom fields opposed to a custom plugin as well.
Plugin Count: I lost count.
Public Plugins are available here.
Official GitHub.
Please do not PM me for support unless asked to.