Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luxor Forums - Whitehat & Community Forums
(10-14-2018, 02:32 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: Great forum

I like the quick search, but I would adjust slightly as the 100% width doesn't quite work when you have a scroll bar, and the search button is not centred

Some quick adjusting and I would suggest the following CSS >

#search input[type="search"] {
    position: absolute;
    top: 50%;
    width: 95%;
    font-size: 60px;
    font-weight: 100;
    text-align: center;
    border: 3px solid rgba(250, 250, 250, .3);
    margin: 2.5%;
    margin-top: -51px;
    outline: none;
    background: transparent;
    color: #fff;
}

#search .btn {
    position: absolute;
    top: 60%;
    left: 35%;
    margin-top: 60px;
    width: 30%;
    height: 50px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    font-size: 20px;
}

Ok, I made the suggested changes.

How does the search button look now?
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]
When it comes to forums, this works, you did a phenomenal job with colors and theme.
Hey man, what's up?
(11-11-2018, 10:59 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: When it comes to forums, this works, you did a phenomenal job with colors and theme.

I didn't create the theme.

It was customized to my liking. The only thing that I did was create a new logo (the double pyramid followed by Luxor Forums).

You will see the link to the theme author's website at the very bottom of the webpage.
(11-11-2018, 01:42 PM)Serpius Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 10:59 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: When it comes to forums, this works, you did a phenomenal job with colors and theme.

I didn't create the theme.

It was customized to my liking. The only thing that I did was create a new logo (the double pyramid followed by Luxor Forums).

You will see the link to the theme author's website at the very bottom of the webpage.

Okay, thanks for the additional info.
Hey man, what's up?
Looking at your forums on first glance it’s a nice design. I’m not sure how your coding capabilities are but the custom pages, some of them, seem to be rather bland. Good luck with your forums in the future though.
Check out all my submissions here - click me
MyBB support at it's finest. 
Looks good, nice design appeal. Really glad you've oriented to 'ethical' hacking. Seems everyone and their brother is starting a script-kiddie hacking forum these days.
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
(01-19-2019, 08:37 PM)Sawedoff Wrote: Looks good, nice design appeal. Really glad you've oriented to 'ethical' hacking. Seems everyone and their brother is starting a script-kiddie hacking forum these days.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Well, just a quick history... when I first purchased the original website (formerly Hack Rally), it was straight up blackhat hacking which included all of the nasties you would find in those kinds of websites.

I got so repulsed by what I saw after I bought the website that I started making changes about 2 weeks after the purchase by doing a complete transformation from a blackhat hacking website to a whitehat/ethical hacking website. 

Guess what? Literally, I'm not joking, 99% of the users that were under the old format left after I made the change. 
To my knowledge, none of the "old" users came back and that is fine with me.

Then, last year, late January 2018, I made the clean cut to the old Hack Rally website and started Luxor Forums and that is where we are today.

Sure, I'd love to have more traffic to my website and it does get slow. 

However, the users that I do get are nice and want to converse with other users who want to discuss everyday things. 
They are not interested (neither am I) in finding ways to "steal" money by illicit means.

Enough of my babble... go enjoy my website!  Cool
(01-19-2019, 11:52 PM)Serpius Wrote: However, the users that I do get are nice and want to converse with other users who want to discuss everyday things. 
They are not interested (neither am I) in finding ways to "steal" money by illicit means.

Believe it or not that's the main thing that matters. Actual people talking to actual people. I like your forum and if you maintain it well, I am sure it has some great days ahead of it.
I was super surprised a the number of threads but disappointed that its just bots Sad
(01-31-2019, 09:31 PM)kjaonline Wrote: I was super surprised a the number of threads but disappointed that its just bots Sad

Not bots, RSS Feeds. There is a difference.