Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luxor Forums - Whitehat & Community Forums
@Serpius,

search indexing is complex and every service has its own trademarked methods on how they work it, the main factor is content and the relativity of that content.

themes have very little to do with things most bots ignore style sheets as such it is the data on the page they look at there are heaps of articles around the net about this whilst google now do a mobile first approach to indexing it is the structured data they look at and how the pages content is relative to this. This is where meeting standards in how you list the information on your page is important.

The idea of the them is for the user it is the same as a brand and how a user identifies your brand. many guests spend very little time on a web page if it does not appeal to them visually they will search on for something more pleasant to them.

I do get and understand why you want to reward your registered users and that is a big part of it without them you do not have a community, if the aim is to grow that community how many people are turned away by that "first impression".

Like a job interview that first impression counts.
Coming soon......
(02-17-2019, 12:54 AM)fishntassie Wrote: @Serpius,

search indexing is complex and every service has its own trademarked methods on how they work it, the main factor is content and the relativity of that content.

themes have very little to do with things most bots ignore style sheets as such it is the data on the page they look at there are heaps of articles around the net about this whilst google now do a mobile first approach to indexing it is the structured data they look at and how the pages content is relative to this. This is where meeting standards in how you list the information on your page is important.

The idea of the them is for the user it is the same as a brand and how a user identifies your brand. many guests spend very little time on a web page if it does not appeal to them visually they will search on for something more pleasant to them.

I do get and understand why you want to reward your registered users and that is a big part of it without them you do not have a community, if the aim is to grow that community how many people are turned away by that "first impression".

Like a job interview that first impression counts.

Please take a look at this ARTICLE and this ARTICLE.

Even though the article focus is on WordPress themes/websites, the concepts are still valid for MyBB themes/websites.

A badly coded MyBB custom theme (free or paid) will affect that website's SEO rankings.

That is why you rarely ever see websites that use "ripped" MyBB custom themes being ranked at all due to their badly coded themes the website uses. 

That's why it's important to me to use custom themes that are done by reputable theme authors such as iAndrew who understand the value of SEO rankings.

I understand that some people are turned off by my decision to implement registration and activation in order to see the additional features of my website and I respect their decision not to register. I am hoping that users who read this thread and understand my rationale for doing this will respect my decision for doing this. 

I've been running my website since November 2016 and I have tried different methodologies to maintain user interest and it's very difficult to do so in this age of 'instant gratification'.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]
As i said it is your choice we just offered the advice as a point of reference.

No one is going to argue about holding onto a user base is hard or complex in the world of the internet today what people want will always be an evolving thing and how to meet this is the challenge as you have mentioned.

Either way you are actively working to offer the best you can in your view and that is what it is about it is your site after all.

Once 1.9 comes it will be interesting to see what you do then but many will be in the same vote.
Coming soon......
A site's theme or templates has nothing to do with a search bot or crawler crawling into the site and indexing the pages.

The real question here is that how is the site's navigation? Is it good? If yes then the bots and crawlers will crawl and index the pages anyway.

And a site owner can use any complex theme as he or she wishes. As long as the site doesn't show a loading time out, its okay.
(04-29-2019, 03:54 AM)vk_knight Wrote: A site's theme or templates has nothing to do with a search bot or crawler crawling into the site and indexing the pages.

The real question here is that how is the site's navigation? Is it good? If yes then the bots and crawlers will crawl and index the pages anyway.

That’s a contradiction; the navigation is a part of the theme of the website Smile
[Image: kAhpvOW.png]
(04-29-2019, 03:54 AM)vk_knight Wrote: A site's theme or templates has nothing to do with a search bot or crawler crawling into the site and indexing the pages.

Really? Any authentic source of this statement?
The template carries many information / meta / tags that guides the crawler. Indexing has everything related to template.
[Image: logo.svg.svg]
(04-29-2019, 05:08 AM)effone Wrote:

Really? Any authentic source of this statement?
The template carries many information / meta / tags that guides the crawler. Indexing has everything related to template.

Yea, I was wondering the same thing myself. 

As long the templates are coded in the standard coding practice, the bots or crawlers will be able to index the templates.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]