Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[For 1.8] [Tutorial] Add simple css and fontawesome userbars for usertitle
(10-01-2018, 08:15 PM)DevLife Wrote: Does not work I added a VIP rank it displays nothing https://imgur.com/a/Ne2mZDt

I guess you did the steps well,

I had the same question the first time because it did not display the result and I had to change my browser Safari to Firefox...

Can you test with firefox browser?

Lightbulb
Rank? Umm, this tutorial is for usertitle? And if you add usergroups other than default for either tutorial provided in this tutorial they need to be added to the css to reflect the addition if they are not then of course it will not fully work and is not a reason to say the tutorials do not work, that is actually a failure to follow tutorial instructions as a cause for said issue. Firstly, which tutorial did you use? The non gid or gid as that would be the first thing to declare for proper support.
MyBB Themes Team - Making more professional themes by the hour. (Retired)
My Mods | Offer me a coffee!
(10-01-2018, 10:09 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: Rank? Umm, this tutorial is for usertitle? And if you add usergroups other than default for either tutorial provided in this tutorial they need to be added to the css to reflect the addition if they are not then of course it will not fully work and is not a reason to say the tutorials do not work, that is actually a failure to follow tutorial instructions as a cause for said issue.  Firstly, which tutorial did you use? The non gid or gid as that would be the first thing to declare for proper support.
I used the The non gid  method.
(10-02-2018, 12:28 AM)DevLife Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 10:09 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: Rank? Umm, this tutorial is for usertitle? And if you add usergroups other than default for either tutorial provided in this tutorial they need to be added to the css to reflect the addition if they are not then of course it will not fully work and is not a reason to say the tutorials do not work, that is actually a failure to follow tutorial instructions as a cause for said issue.  Firstly, which tutorial did you use? The non gid or gid as that would be the first thing to declare for proper support.
I used the The non gid  method.

What is the exact name of the new usergroup?

Have you added the new usergroup name to the existing css:

.grouptag.VIP:before {
content: "\f091";
}
.grouptag.VIP {
border: 1px solid #FF7500;
background: #FF7500;
color: #ffffff;
}

Also this will only display the users primary usergroup..., so say for example their primary is member then member styling will display just like username is styled by primary usergroup. Hopefully that makes sense. So make sure VIP users are set to have VIP as their primary usergroup and not secondary.
Hello again!

Somehow ,i visited the reputation page of an user and i saw that the userbars for usertitle aren't showing up.

Then i tried adding:

<div class="userbar gid_{$memprofile['usergroup']}">{$usertitle}</div>

And it shows up like this:

But normally it should show up like this:

Here is the original reputation template:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->reputation_report}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var delete_reputation_confirm = "{$lang->delete_reputation_confirm}";
// -->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/report.js?ver=1804"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$add_reputation}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder tfixed clear">
<tr>
	<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->reputation_report}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->summary}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="trow1">
	<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
		<tr>
			<td>
				<span class="largetext"><strong>{$username}</strong></span><br />
				<span class="smalltext">
					({$usertitle})<br />
					<br />
					<strong>{$lang->total_reputation}:</strong> <span class="repbox {$total_class}">{$rep_total}</span><br /><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_members} {$rep_members}</strong><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_posts} {$rep_posts}</strong>
				</span>
			</td>
			<td align="right" style="width: 300px;">
					<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder trow2">
						<tr>
							<td>&nbsp;</td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_neutral">{$lang->neutral_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_negative">{$lang->negative_count}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_week}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_month}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_6months}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->all_time}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_count}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_count}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_count}</span></td>
						</tr>
					</table>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->comments}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$reputation_votes}
<tr>
	<td class="tfoot" align="right">
	<form action="reputation.php" method="get">
		<input type="hidden" name="uid" value="{$user['uid']}" />
		<select name="show">
			<option value="all" {$show_selected['all']}>{$lang->show_all}</option>
			<option value="positive" {$show_selected['positive']}>{$lang->show_positive}</option>
			<option value="neutral" {$show_selected['neutral']}>{$lang->show_neutral}</option>
			<option value="negative" {$show_selected['negative']}>{$lang->show_negative}</option>
		</select>
		<select name="sort">
			<option value="dateline" {$sort_selected['last_updated']}>{$lang->sort_updated}</option>
			<option value="username" {$sort_selected['username']}>{$lang->sort_username}</option>
		</select>
		{$gobutton}
	</form>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$multipage}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
(11-08-2018, 06:39 PM)kbilly Wrote: Hello again!

Somehow ,i visited the reputation page of an user and i saw that the userbars for usertitle aren't showing up.

Then i tried adding:

And it shows up like this:

But normally it should show up like this:

Here is the original reputation template:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->reputation_report}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var delete_reputation_confirm = "{$lang->delete_reputation_confirm}";
// -->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/report.js?ver=1804"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$add_reputation}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder tfixed clear">
<tr>
	<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->reputation_report}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->summary}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="trow1">
	<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
		<tr>
			<td>
				<span class="largetext"><strong>{$username}</strong></span><br />
				<span class="smalltext">
					({$usertitle})<br />
					<br />
					<strong>{$lang->total_reputation}:</strong> <span class="repbox {$total_class}">{$rep_total}</span><br /><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_members} {$rep_members}</strong><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_posts} {$rep_posts}</strong>
				</span>
			</td>
			<td align="right" style="width: 300px;">
					<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder trow2">
						<tr>
							<td>&nbsp;</td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_neutral">{$lang->neutral_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_negative">{$lang->negative_count}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_week}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_month}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_6months}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->all_time}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_positive_count}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_neutral_count}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$f_negative_count}</span></td>
						</tr>
					</table>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->comments}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$reputation_votes}
<tr>
	<td class="tfoot" align="right">
	<form action="reputation.php" method="get">
		<input type="hidden" name="uid" value="{$user['uid']}" />
		<select name="show">
			<option value="all" {$show_selected['all']}>{$lang->show_all}</option>
			<option value="positive" {$show_selected['positive']}>{$lang->show_positive}</option>
			<option value="neutral" {$show_selected['neutral']}>{$lang->show_neutral}</option>
			<option value="negative" {$show_selected['negative']}>{$lang->show_negative}</option>
		</select>
		<select name="sort">
			<option value="dateline" {$sort_selected['last_updated']}>{$lang->sort_updated}</option>
			<option value="username" {$sort_selected['username']}>{$lang->sort_username}</option>
		</select>
		{$gobutton}
	</form>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$multipage}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

For reputation page:

Find:
({$usertitle})<br />

Replace with:
<span class="grouptag grouptag_{$user['usergroup']}">&nbsp; {$usertitle}</span><br />

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Didn't work.

Just to remember you,i'm using the gid system.

Thanks
(11-08-2018, 08:10 PM)kbilly Wrote: Didn't work.

Just to remember you,i'm using the gid system.

Thanks

That IS for the gid variant and it does work hence the sreenshot showing it working, perhaps try clearing your browser cache?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Already cleared the cache..not working

Adding this 

Will make it look so:

May be the problem is that part?
{$memprofile['usergroup']}

Added:

<div class="userbar gid_{$user['usergroup']}">&nbsp; {$usertitle}</div><br />

And got it working.

Thanks a lot.
(11-08-2018, 08:26 PM)kbilly Wrote: Already cleared the cache..not working

Adding this 

Will make it look so:

May be the problem is that part?
{$memprofile['usergroup']}

Added:

<div class="userbar gid_{$user['usergroup']}">&nbsp; {$usertitle}</div><br />

And got it working.

Thanks a lot.

Quote:For reputation page:

Find:
({$usertitle})<br />

Replace with:
<span class="grouptag grouptag_{$user['usergroup']}">&nbsp; {$usertitle}</span><br />

My instructions work for my tutorials..., notice why it wont work is because you are using a different tutorial or a customized version of my tutorial or customized I may have provided elsewhere thus without providing with related code I can only provide support based on the thread you posted the support in thus why my workable answer works with the provided tutorial code in this specific thread..., notice no grouptag and instead userbar, also my tutotial is span based not div also the gid call is different, etc etc so support is for tutorial based code and styling. Both non gid and gid tutorial use that and are styled for that though it appears utilixing my provided solution slightly modified for your usages also worked. Wink