Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Err_connection_refused error
Hi, 

I know this isn't a MyBB issue but a host configuration issue, wasn't sure where to post this.

I forgot to renew my domain ( https://iandrew.org ) by a day, I have now renewed it except I am now seeing a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error and my site only loads when I use a VPN. Nameservers and both databases are correct and working fine with a VPN. Any ideas where the problem could be?

Same happens in all browsers.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
have you tried using a different web browser ?

please see a couple of search results

just wondering : doesn't your domain provider has a grace period ?
Same error in all browsers. I have cleared my cache, restarted my internet hub and computer. I have also tried the err_connection_refused fixes but no joy.

I have finally fixed it by removing all name servers for a couple of hours and re-adding them.
iAndrew, it can also happen with DNS issue. If it happens next time, set your DNS manually to 8.8.8.8 next time.
You can change the TTL of your DNS, to force the refresh.
And on your computer, if it's using windows, try to force the refresh:
in a DOS console (cmd.exe), type: ipconfig /flushdns
[MyBB 1.8 mods] - Offer me a coffee
Do not ask me help through PM
(04-29-2019, 12:39 PM)Crazycat Wrote: You can change the TTL of your DNS, to force the refresh.
And on your computer, if it's using windows, try to force the refresh:
in a DOS console (cmd.exe), type: ipconfig /flushdns

I did try that but it never done anything. I also unplugged my home hub for about 30mins but had no joy either.
You don't have a hosts file entry overriding the IP address of the site do you?
Did you try changing your DNS servers ?
[MyBB 1.8 mods] - Offer me a coffee
Do not ask me help through PM
(04-29-2019, 08:58 PM)kawaii Wrote: You don't have a hosts file entry overriding the IP address of the site do you?

I have already fixed it now by removing my name servers for a few hours and adding them back. I did try the host file Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts.ics but mine was empty when opening in notepad, (Windows 8.1) which might be odd.