Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 1 Year, 1 Week ago Error Message: Cannot modify header information ...
Solved: 1 Year, 1 Week ago
Hello everyone, I get this error above my forum's header banner:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cpanel username/public_html/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:2) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.6.40 (Linux).

The error appears only above post pages: e.g. farmersjoint.com/thread-188.html.

Also, whenever i try to access last posts from the home page, I get an empty page. Sample link: http://www.farmersjoint.com/thread-28922-lastpost.html.

I started getting these errors when I tried to add some links to my header area. Links like contact us, privacy etc. To do so, i edited inc/languages/english/global-lang.php (via file manager) and header template via admin CP. Even after deleting the changes, the error still continued. I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.
Wow, you should never edit your cor files, all links should be added to the templates, sigh, you need to place a fresh copy of the file pack into your inc functions and don't touch your core files. use plugins.
Hey man, what's up?
Thanks for the reply. I'll do that and see what happen.

Thank you very much! I simply uploaded a fresh global.lang.php (inc/languages/english/global.lang.php) file and every thing comes back to normal.
though general suggestion is to not edit system core files, language files can be edited as required.

basically php files should be saved with utf-8 encoding without Byte Order Mark.

in general, we use editor like Notepad++ or file editor at web host panel to edit the files.
Thanks for that info.