Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no option to disable the Soft Delete?
Hello!
An ACP option to disable this feature for all users in the board and enable the permanent deletion, why not?
(10-20-2019, 05:25 AM)Walter_Correa Wrote: Hello!
An ACP option to disable this feature for all users in the board and enable the permanent deletion, why not?

One good reason...

If you allowed all users to permanently delete posts/threads, then all users would be moderators.

You do not want that for your website.

Only admin and staff should have this permission.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: y3xr3cj5]
(10-20-2019, 01:24 PM)Serpius Wrote:

One good reason...

If you allowed all users to permanently delete posts/threads, then all users would be moderators.

I understand, but why not a trash bin system? So, after deleted the post will be in the trash bin.
(10-20-2019, 08:15 PM)Walter_Correa Wrote:

One good reason...

I understand, but why not a trash bin system? So, after deleted the post will be in the trash bin.

Use this PLUGIN. I used this plugin for my old website.

Don't forget to carefully read the instructions. There is a small plugin (done be a separate author) that must be installed in order for this plugin to work properly.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: y3xr3cj5]
(10-20-2019, 09:12 PM)Serpius Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 08:15 PM)Walter_Correa Wrote:

One good reason...

Use this PLUGIN. I used this plugin for my old website.

Don't forget to carefully read the instructions. There is a small plugin (done be a separate author) that must be installed in order for this plugin to work properly.

Thanks. I'm already using this plugin. I suggested an option in ACP because every time I update the board version I have to edit the php files to disable the soft delete.
Seems like a good idea to me, especially to deal with things like GDPR or just general privacy.