Not Solved php versions supported by MyAlerts
Not Solved
Looked for the answer, but no joy.  For MyAlerts 2.02 and 2.04 if possible.  Need to upgrade host from php5.6...

thanks...
Not Solved
probably it needs php 7 or higher

can you tell us what is the problem you have with php 5.6 ..
[check recent entries in server error log]

may be there is a function replacement to work with lower versions of php
Not Solved
(2020-02-25, 02:53 AM).m. Wrote: probably it needs php 7 or higher

can you tell us what is the problem you have with php 5.6 ..
[check recent entries in server error log]

may be there is a function replacement to work with lower versions of php

Sorry, badly worded question.

With 5.6, no issues. But in a test environment, issues with MyAlerts 2.02 and php 7.x. Guess I should upgrade the plugin, but curious if that'll resolve the issue. Not having a lot of success upgrading, but thought I'd ask what php versions are actually supported.

cheers...
Not Solved
Quote:... issues with MyAlerts 2.02 and php 7.x
post those issues so that someone can help.
And it would be better to use latest version of the plugin.
Not Solved
Not done an exhaustive use case for alerting under php 7.3, but when quoting - a refresh is required before the quote appears in the thread.  Under php5.6, works fine.  But the alert is generated, so perhaps not a MyAlerts (2.02) issue at all.

This is 1.8.17 I'm testing with - upgraded from 1.8.6 in 2 'jumps' I might add.  DB and files imported from our live forum, then modded templates/settings for the new environment.  Looked at jumping to 1.8.22 from 17 with some success, but also need to get a handle on the php versioning.  Our host hasn't yet announced they're dropping 5.6, but inevitable.  Hope to upgrade as far as possible in the next few weeks, with 1.8.17 being the phase 1 target.

Link to live forum: https://www.dartsnutz.net

cheers...
Not Solved
For anyone who stumbles across this thread, successfully upgraded our live forum from 1806 to 1817.  Used a 2 stage process to do so.  This is a custom theme, so as always, careful attention to changed templates/files required.

Also resolved issues with alerting and quoting with php 7.3 in our test environment.  Initial issues caused by my error - related to javascript calls and ver attributes.  Planning our jump to fully current as we speak.  Already tested successfully and see no major issues applying to the live forum.

cheers...
Not Solved
^ good to know it Smile