New Mod Idea
Question 
Hello everybody. This is more of a question... I have an idea for a new mod, but I need some help as to how to implement it.

Alright, this mod will be called Multi-Quote. What it will do will allow for members to 'check off' posts in a thread, hit the "New Reply" button, and have all of the posts that were checked off to appear as quotes in the new reply. Much like you hit the "Quote" button now, and it takes you to the new reply page with that post quoted, this will allow for multiple posts to be quoted at once.

Most likely, after my question about this is answered, I will be able to get it going myself, but this is what is stopping me:

What would be the most efficient way to grab those "checked" posts? I'm trying to think of different ways... One way I thought was to encapsulate all of the posts in a form tag and make the "New Reply" button the submit button, but I don't think that's too efficient.

Please, help me out with this. I think this would be a VERY useful mod, and I'd like to get going on it soon.

Let me know!
David
a.k.a.
fubarshibby
The only other way I can think to do this would be to use a similar method to how posts are checked with the inline moderation tools. It involves using javascript which I'm not too brilliant with but if you look at how the inline moderation checking works, you can probably come up with something similar.

Sorry I can't be much more helpful. Sad
Or just wait till its implemented in myBB. Not sure if it will be in gold or not though.
Oh, it's a planned feature? Well then, I guess I'll just wait Wink

And I was excited about it... Oh well
David
a.k.a.
fubarshibby
I think I remember hearing about it being implemented, but like I said, I'm not sure if it will be in gold. It might be quite a while.
Alright, well perhaps I'll get going on it soon then, just so we can have it before it's a normal feature.
David
a.k.a.
fubarshibby