Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[For 1.8] Yet Another Sitemap (YASM)
I am about to uninstall this plugin. If no support is really given, no point in having it.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
It uses the task system so you could check if the task is enabled and the task log for any messages.

It's supposed to write regular file sitemap.xml (in mybb root dir, so same dir as forumdisplay.php showthread.php etc.)

It will require write permissions to this file, if you don't have global write permissions it might help to create empty file and set it to be writeable.

Task log should say "Sitemap Updated", if it keeps saying "Sitemap Created" you have permission issue. If there's nothing in the task log the task may be disabled and you have to enable it first... you can also run task manually from the ACP.
(2021-01-12, 12:38 AM)frostschutz Wrote: Thank you for throwing some ideas:

It uses the task system so you could check if the task is enabled and the task log for any messages.
1. Task system.  No task related to YASM appears in the Task System. 
See Screenshot:  https://www.screencast.com/t/oNVBhGB5rZ8

It's supposed to write regular file sitemap.xml (in mybb root dir, so same dir as forumdisplay.php showthread.php etc.)
2. No such a file appears in the root dir. See screenshot
https://www.screencast.com/t/qzYnfYHrxmj
So I cannot give permissions to file I don't see.
It will require write permissions to this file, if you don't have global write permissions it might help to create empty file and set it to be writeable.

3. I went to the Task Manager. Clicked the YASM Config Task. I made sure it was Enabled but I saw in Task is says: "[font="Lucida Grande", Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Select the task file you wish this task to run."  [/font]And it was selected: backupdb.php  which I assume has nothing to do with the creation of a sitemap.xml file. But I do not see any selection for the creation of a sitemap.xml file.
I ran the task manually. The log said that the task was ran but it said:  "[font="Lucida Grande", Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font="Lucida Grande", Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
The database backup task successfully ran.    
[/font]
[/font]
Which is exactly the task selected in the Config of YASM.  backupdb.php
So, how do I  make it choose a task relative to the creation of the sitemap.xml. See the options it presents
https://www.screencast.com/t/IZZ6xSqR

Task log should say "Sitemap Updated", if it keeps saying "Sitemap Created" you have permission issue. If there's nothing in the task log the task may be disabled and you have to enable it first... you can also run task manually from the ACP.
Uhhh, so for some reason your yasm task runs the backup database task instead. That's weird, not sure how that happens unless you changed it? It should run yetanothersitemap_update.php

Also check your admin cp backups if you have ... like, way too many backups now if it created one every 5 minutes, that might not be good

maybe you didn't upload the file that goes into the tasks dir?

try uninstalling / reinstalling the plugin
Ok, I did what you said. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. I checked again and this time saw that yetanothersitemap_update.php was there chosen for running (and not that database backup).
I ran the task manually. It confirmed that it was run. But.... the sitemap.xml does not appear in the root folder. Could it be it takes some time to create or should it appear immediately?
Sometimes I save the task or even run the task and I get this

https://www.screencast.com/t/ryT9ihtXMf

Then I Save again and it saves. Random error.
what does it say in the task log? (when you run the task repeatedly)

if it says it created it every time (instead of updated), most likely permission issue, you need to make the sitemap.xml file writeable
Quote:Sometimes I save the task or even run the task and I get this

Find:
$cadenafids = "AND fid NOT IN (".$fids.")";

Replace with:
$cadenafids = '';
if($fids) { $cadenafids = "AND fid NOT IN (".$fids.")"; }