Not Solved Resource limit reached
Not Solved
I've been on Namecheap Business shared hosting for years and they just suspended my account for "abusing" system resources.

Can anyone give some tips what I could do to help this?

Would a large bot ban list help with this? I see this massive 5mb text file with all known bad bots. Would applying this to htaccess or bots file help at all?

Any other tips?
Not Solved
most probably sessions table is filling up. please see replies here
Not Solved
(2020-04-17, 02:55 AM).m. Wrote: most probably sessions table is filling up. please see replies here

Agreed, also add caching and expiration date of your resources using .htaccess.
Not Solved
(2020-04-17, 06:11 AM)WallBB Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 02:55 AM).m. Wrote: most probably sessions table is filling up. please see replies here

Can you give some example code to show how to cache in htaccess?
Not Solved
(2020-04-17, 08:35 AM)DrXotick Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 06:11 AM)WallBB Wrote:

Can you give some example code to show how to cache in htaccess?

Are you using nginx or apache?
Anyways I have nginx and I use this simple one.

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
	ExpiresActive On
	ExpiresByType text/javascript A2592000
	ExpiresByType text/css A2592000
	ExpiresByType application/x-javascript A2592000
	ExpiresByType application/javascript A2592000
	ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
	ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
	ExpiresByType image/png A2592000
</IfModule> 

You can also use cloudflare for caching and no need not to worry about .htaccess.
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
I have to second WallBB's comment here. Cloudflare sounds like the way to go, it'll not only improve site speed and security, but it will also take care of your caching and access issues.
[Image: BhenchodForumsBannerSmall.gif]
Not Solved
I've used cloudflare for a long while. I haven't used in under attack mode though.

I optimized the database through backend in cPanel, changed over to InnoDB, updated some plugins, and someone helped with robots.txt steering bots away from links not leading to content.

I saw the biggest change after optimizing the database... That was also the tech suggestion.

Anyways, resources have been great last 12 hours. Namecheap has generally been great. Patient and helpful...to a point. But the suspension was dead serious. They reminded me in every email about my deadline to have it fixed...12 hours or else.
Not Solved
I was also getting a sessions table problem earlier this year but i forgot on how I fixed it I am pretty certain .m. helped me with it. Me to I also use Cloudflare for many years now and I highly recommend it.
🍦  🎀  𝐼 𝐿❤𝒱𝐸 𝑀𝒴𝐵𝐵  🎀  🍦