Not Solved PHP Modules
Not Solved
Hello,

Recently we switched to a dedicated server, this means that we need to install everything ourselves.
However, we have encountered several problems, from plugins not working to other rather simple issues.

Now my question is, what are the necessary PHP modules?
Not Solved
You've met documented minimum requirements?

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/requirements/

Beyond that, I'd explore plugin requirements, and also check mysql strict mode - if that's what you use.
Not Solved
(2020-10-16, 05:53 PM)nixer55 Wrote: You've met documented minimum requirements?

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/requirements/

Beyond that, I'd explore plugin requirements, and also check mysql strict mode - if that's what you use.

Hi Nixer,

Thank you for your reply. Those modules displayed in the requirements are installed.
I'm going to look into mysql strict mode, thank you.
Not Solved
Most standard web hosts pretty much install all of the standard PHP modules, so rarely are there ever any compatibility issues. Running your own hosting can complicate things a little because it's difficult to know exactly which modules are needed for all of the plugins and other various third-party projects that will be hosted on your server. The MyBB-required ones are easy to install from the documentation, but certain plugins may have different compatibility concerns.

I've set up dozens of servers (I'm paid by a few different companies to manage some servers), so I've had a lot of experience messing around with them. If you don't mind me asking, which specific plugins aren't working as intended? Are you using PHP 7.4, and which server OS/version are you using? Are you using Apache/PHP or Ngninx/PHP-fpm?

It may take a few fixes and a couple of additional modules that we can install, but it's not as bad as it looks once you get everything in place. It's very much worth it to host yourself in a lot of ways. You end up with much more control over your own environment and it's usually quite a bit faster as well. Smile
Not Solved
Quote:However, we have encountered several problems, from plugins not working to other rather simple issues.

Spell out a few issues. It's possible that it's just one or two simple fixes.