Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Poetry community
Hey guys, to showcase my website, let me please say this first, because this is the purpose of showcasing my site, to say thanks to Neo and the great staff of MyBB who have always helped me through the years, you guys are so awesome.

Thank you for allowing me to share with you guys my dedication site to my greatest mentor online, and someone who I love like a brother, and admire like a sage, of course I am talking about Neo, the master coder of famous plugins such as Online Today, which I remember asking him to build the Online Now plugin lol, ah memories. Neo and I go back many years, he taught me everything I know, and this site is a product of that teaching.

I love MyBB as well, we go back many years, that is why I want to share my littler project with you guys, but really, over the course of years, this became a work of art, what we created together is an online poetry community.

About the site, it is a poetry website we users can sign up and share poems, I hope you guys enjoy.

Facts:
We always run the Latest version of Mybb
The code for this site began in 2014.
The code for this site runs a fully customized vision, somewhere making its way into eternity .
This site has layer upon layer of depth

Every aspect of the site is the vision of something that built itself, the site is a freak of nature, no one could ever duplicate or understand how the site was build because it is that intricate. I don't even understand it myself, or who I was when we built it, it seems like a whole other lifetime and life ago.

Welcome to the rabbit hole

The Online Poetry Cafe
Hey man, what's up?
Looks great, approved.
-Ben

Please do not PM me for support. I am looking to be hired for paid services.

You can view my paid services here.
(2021-03-11, 10:17 AM)Ben Wrote: Looks great, approved.

It is an honor, I love MyBB. Thank you so much Ben!

Can you guys let me know if you run into any bad links, Thanks.
Hey man, what's up?
Michael, I remember this site as well as the horror story site that you have made. Both of them are amazing and it's a really long time. Now we are older and have forgotten about how many projects like these have been made.

I checked a few links and all seems fine to me. You can actually use Google Search Console to find out if you have any bad links.
https://search.google.com/search-console/about

Regards
WallBB
Es un sitio muy hermoso, ha quedado muy genial
This communitty was amazing since the day i saw it, now when i go to the ghoststory or poetrylake sites i think about a good site that does not appear or be like a mybb communitty but fortunatelly yeah those are a mybb based communities and it is to glad to see it online.

What can i say, but there are many unique mybb boards that i have seen it in this years and that is why i work into the mybb environment because this script have potential and i think is one of the best paid and free scripts all the times Smile
The only infinite thing is the universe and human stupidity, but the universe is not for sure

Plugins 1.6.x

Plugins 1.8.x

@ michael, while I rarely comment on showcases, I do have to say as someone that has written poetry, haikus and limericks for years, I do like the idea and such of your site on the quick glance I was able to give it, bravo! good job!

Anyhoo, as you might find some humour in this lil habit I learned from a poet in Ennis Ireland named Peter Kay before he passed away in 2015, and is also a method used by several Irish hip hop artists while I won't name what ones if you are a fan of such, it will eventually make sense of what ones do, haha, anyhoo, I figured I would share it for ya if you find any interest:
Quote:The humour I often find in any moment whenever I mention this helpful lil writing and thought process workout to someone to wrap their mind around...

...a lil change up process for moment to moment inspirational based writing habit:

taking some concepts from haiku (ie: inspirational, nature, in the moment, sage wisdom, etc, etc.) and limericks (ie: rhyme and count)

1) hmmm
2) hmmm
3) hmmm

requirements: 3 lines 15 to 18 words max. 3 (rhyme) min to 6 (rhyme) max

usage: index cards are handy for such routine

thought process becomes on min:

1) blah blah blah blah (rhyme)
2) blah blah blah blah (rhyme)
3) blah blah blah blah (rhyme)

or expanding on max:

1) blah blah (rhyme), blah blah (rhyme)
2) blah blah (rhyme), blah blah (rhyme)
3) blah blah (rhyme), blah blah (rhyme)

** all six can rhyme together or you can have 3 to ryhme alone and another 3 to ryhme alone

etc, etc....

*** now after you do a stack of index cards..., shuffle the deck daily & lay out a few..., for further daily inspiration! Lol! Wink

anyhoo, regardless, keep up the good work! Big Grin