Solved: 1 Month, 1 Day ago When someone is activated send them a welcome email
Solved: 1 Month, 1 Day ago
I am looking to have all registration requests sent to me, the administrator. I have set Registration Method as Administrator Activation which does this. But I'd like a welcome email sent to the registrant telling them that they have been accepted. I can't see where I can do both.

If I set any other method for registration the registrant can activate themselves without my approval. Am I missing something?
Don't believe that's visible or managed in the ACP.  Nonetheless, an email is sent using this rough template:

%username%

The administrator has activated your forum account on %bburl%.

To proceed, please go to

%bburl%

You will be able to login with the credentials you registered with.

Thank you,
%bburl% Staff

As far as I know, no copies are sent, although the email is from the admin email defined in your configuration.  Don't think the message can be changed via the ACP - seem to recall this was core php edit - but the support team will know more. Wink

Edit:  Found references in the language file.  Under admin/user_users.lang.php, and admin/user_awaiting_activation.lang.php.  Not sure which (or both?) need changing in the ACP to customise the message.  Or if the php needs altering - as I mentioned. Wink
Thanks but when I go to [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]%bburl% and search for [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]%username% I get MANY pages of results.[/font][/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif][font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I'm not great at this sort of thing so if there's an easy way to get what I want great, if not I'll just send the welcome myself. This is a very small Forum consisting of a University course's 1961 classmates, roughly 25 people.[/font][/font]
Sorry, just using a shorthand of sorts.  For example, bburl is your board URL.  If you got many pages of results - looking in the wrong place or the wrong way.  I told you where the language variables could be found in my edit.  This is on a 1.8.26 board.

In a nutshell, MyBB is already sending an email.  Easy enough to test yourself.  If you want to send another, guess that's fine.

cheers...
(2021-04-04, 10:39 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Sorry, just using a shorthand of sorts.  For example, bburl is your board URL.  If you got many pages of results - looking in the wrong place or the wrong way.  I told you where the language variables could be found in my edit.  This is on a 1.8.26 board.

In a nutshell, MyBB is already sending an email.  Easy enough to test yourself.  If you want to send another, guess that's fine.

cheers...
Still struggling.

In - user_awaiting_activation.lang.php, the bottom 15 lines read - 

$l['success_users_activated'] = "The selected user(s) have been activated.";

$l['emailsubject_activateaccount'] = "Account Activation at {1}";
$l['email_adminactivateaccount'] = "{1},

The administrator has activated your forum account on {2}.

To proceed, please go to

{3}

You will be able to login with the credentials you registered with.

Thank you,
{2} Staff";

Should that send an email to the registrant telling him that he (she) has been activated? If so it doesn't work.
I registered myself under a different email address and never got an email there, the only email I got was to the administrator telling him that there was someone wanting their registration to be activated.
Works for me.  Might want to check the spam folders on that email account.  Otherwise, possible you have other email issues. 

We know nothing about your setup.
Bang on, thanks and sorry for the bother!! Big Grin
Good to hear, but the spam folder isn't the best result.   At least you know the email is being sent.

Resolving sendmail (php mail - the MyBB default) messages going to spam involves your host and/or your DNS provider.  The modern email eco-system involves such things as DKIM, SPF, and rDNS to prevent spam.  Although I understand the concepts, this is a subject I don't feel qualified to comment.  You'll see many on here recommend going to SMTP for that reason.  

PHP mail working well enough on our 8 year old board - but I can see the day coming when we must switch.  We have excellent host support, but that doesn't come cheap.  Perhaps for your smaller project - with fewer outbound emails - you'll be fine. Smile

Best of luck,
cheers...