Solved: 5 Days, 23 Hours, 55 Minutes ago Predicting costs on upgrades 1.8.25 > 1.8.27 > 1.9
Solved: 5 Days, 23 Hours, 55 Minutes ago
Quote:@Omar G… the issue we might have is that all the changes in the template and maybe some core files were done before… will these plugins help now or they can help with anything we might change from now on?

The will work for changes to files made from now on.
(2021-06-06, 08:52 PM)Omar G. Wrote:
Quote:@Omar G… the issue we might have is that all the changes in the template and maybe some core files were done before… will these plugins help now or they can help with anything we might change from now on?

The will work for changes to files made from now on.

I installed Hooks and Patches and upon activation of 'Plugin Library' had the exact same problem of Diego Pino
it says activated but shows has an inactive plugin so I assume all is well!

I never knew such plugins were there, they would have been very useful since the start of our forum, thanks for the tip Omar.

We decided to move forward and upgrade to .26 and all the plugins pending update…

To recenter the discussion and be on point, I would like to ask if at the development level you have a timetable for a production version for 1.8.27?
If I got it right this will be the last of the 1.8 series.
So it begs the question if we can expect it to break plugins or will it be 'smooth' like .26 was

I love the fact that 1.9 comes responsive ready but I expect big costs to redesign our template and then it makes sense to move when we have the same features I believe if you could release more information to the userbase that would be a plus

Thank you to all
1.8.27 should be along fairly soon - typically minor point releases very rarely have any impact on plugins so it should be fine.

We have a blog post on the status of 1.9 development, but can't give specific dates for a release: https://blog.mybb.com/2021/05/17/looking-to-the-future/
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
Hello Matt,

it helps us to know what to expect both in developments and also on expenses.

We would love to jump on the 1.9 boat on launch but with the price of a custom template redesign that will have to wait!

Thank you for the info.
IAV
Please note that compared to 1.8.26, 1.8.27 has some major changes, additions, or fixes. None that should break plugins or themes from working properly.

But indeed, themes could need to be slightly updated to use such new features, i.e. AJAX upload of attachments, For this specific example of "new feature", old themes should still work without the new functionality, i.e. clicking the "Upload" button to upload attachments.