Tooltip Ads for Words
Hello everyone. It's more of an idea than request but it'd be great to have it to be honest. I personally hate banner and pop-up ads, just like users and guests but ads are must-have for us admins to keep the work going, aside from donations and other paid services such as vip membership etc. This plugin will let us admins to choose which words to add an ad. Lets say Apple contacted me to give ads on my site and they chose the words "apple" and "phone". They'll also give me a link to redirect and a short title and short description. So I'll go and add words "apple" and "phone" to the plugin under the category of "Apple" I'll create, type the link, title and description they gave me to corresponding areas and choose in which forums to show the ads. So, when a thread is opened that contains words "apple" and "phone", on a forum which plugin is activated, plugin will automaticly underline all of these words if they're on post body and when hovered on these words with mouse, will show you a tooltip with given title and description (may contain a small picture(s) or a gif(s) to represent to product), when clicked, will redirect me to given link. It'd also be great to have an opportunity to see the amount of clicks have been made to each category in total and each word after getting in to category. Lets say I got two categories named Apple and Samsung. Apple's category got 2 words, clicked 200 times total and Samsung got 6 words and clicked 600 times total, when getting in to Apple's category, I'll see word "apple" has been clicked on 50 times and word "phone" has been clicked on 150 times. and as a summary, it can show me that all of 8 total words on 2 categories have been clicked on 800 times (maybe even give me a summary daily, like monday 800 times, sunday 500 times etc.).

Hope it's a good idea and hope to see it comes alive soon. Thanks for reading!
I have a pending project (started, not finished) for ads management. The feature you mention is a planned one, alongside additional features not present in existing similar plugins. I won't be sure if I will release this before MyBB 1.9
(2021-08-23, 09:26 AM)Omar G. Wrote: I have a pending project (started, not finished) for ads management. The feature you mention is a planned one, alongside additional features not present in existing similar plugins. I won't be sure if I will release this before MyBB 1.9

Thank you! Hope you can release it on 1.8.27 because most of us will stay on that version and will take quite some time untill we can finally upgrade to 1.9.x, because of our themes, plugins etc. etc. That being said, it'd be great to have it on this final version. Anyway, I really appreciated and good luck on your project! Hope to see some news about it soon!