Not Solved Stuck quote
Not Solved
Hi, I meant to document it properly. As I did test the feature, I did not see any issue, it worked as intended. So in order to be able to understand the issue, it might be better to replicate and document the steps to experience the issue in descriptive or detailed manner.
Not Solved
(2021-09-03, 07:52 PM)Omar G. Wrote: Hi, I meant to document it properly. As I did test the feature, I did not see any issue, it worked as intended. So in order to be able to understand the issue, it might be better to replicate and document the steps to experience the issue in descriptive or detailed manner.

Hello Omar, I did replicate it here on the MyBB forum as I showed in the screenshot.

As for details.

1. I quoted two posts in this thread and made my post. (that to me says the quoted posts should now be gone)
  2. I then went to another thread Here and clicked "New Reply"
  3. As you can see in the screenshot it says there is still a post from another thread.

I'm sorry but I don't know how else I can explain it. The post I quoted in this thread should not carry over to another thread.

Thank you.
Not Solved
I was unable to replicate with the steps you describe. Once I posted my reply quotes were cleared and thus the notification wasn't displayed to me anymore.
Not Solved
(2021-09-04, 06:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: I was unable to replicate with the steps you describe. Once I posted my reply quotes were cleared and thus the notification wasn't displayed to me anymore.

Ok it looks like I will have to live with it till I work out how I fixed it last time, once MyBB stop updating 1.8 I will have another look. But thank you anyway.

I know those that are still around (not many) since I started using MyBB 10 years ago want 1.9, I don't but I accept that 1.8 is no longer important and have said many times that it should be left alone.

I'll leave it there and let you all carry on with 1.9. If it does ever get there I do wish you well with it.

Smile
Not Solved
So I tested and found this:

When I quote posts from thread 1, and go to reply in thread 2, I see the notice, both in the quick reply and full reply.

If I manually click the "Quote these posts now" link in the thread 1 quick reply and refresh thread 2, the notice goes.

If I do a full reply in thread 1 instead, it pulls the quotes in to the message window, but thread 2 still shows the notice. When I submit the reply to thread 1, only then does the notice in thread 2 disappear.

This makes sense to me as it only clears when when you've in some way explicitly actually quoted the posts. Simply opening a new full reply but not submitting it doesn't and shouldn't clear the quotes, it should only be when you click the link in quick reply, or actually submit a full reply including the quotes.

If you're saying that even after submitting a reply with the quoted posts in thread 1, it still shows the notice in thread 2, I can't reproduce this here or on my test board, so not sure why you'd be having a different experience.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
Not Solved
One of my forum members has a stuck multiquote. He intends to quote a post, but another quoted post occurs.
The exchange:

Quote:Admin: I notice a particular quoted post seems to show up a lot in your replies. If this is intentional, you don't need to do anything. If it is not intentional, you can clear it by looking in a Quick Reply box to any thread. At the bottom of the Quick Reply text box look for "You have selected some posts to quote:" then click "deselect them here."

Member: Yeah I've tried that. For whatever reason it is totally stuck. The only thing that works is manually backspacing it out and I frequently forget to do so. I've logged out and back in several times. And its not machine/browser specific. It happens whether on one of my laptops, desktop, phone, tablet, etc.

Admin: Multiquote is remembered in a cookie that may be stuck. Delete cookies related to the forum, and that should clear it. Across devices is anomalous. Unless somehow all your devices share cookies. Do all of your devices have the same unintended quote when replying? Go to quickreply in any thread, and click quote these posts now, and it will clear that cookie. You do not have to post the reply. If that still does not clear the multiquote cookie, then your best bet is to clear browser cache. You should do this for each device with that stuck cookie.

So I went testing on my forum, running 1.8.26, and the cookie appears and disappears appropriately. It might be difficult to observe with a forum member who is having this problem, but, if using a modern browser, this method might work for inspecting cookies. https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/...-browsers/