Not Solved [General] Links in posts became non-clickable
Not Solved
Hi,
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but after upgrading my forum (1.8.26 -> 1.8.27 -> 1.8.28 -> 1.8.29) some links in posts became non-clickable (but not all).
When I add a new post with a link, the link is also non-clickable unless I use the url tag. Do I remember correctly that the link was always clickable, regardless of whether the user used the url tag?
Any ideas about what might have happened and how to fix it?
Not Solved
The first thing to check would be the Clickable Smilies and BB CodeAutomatically Parse URLs Into Links setting (which should be enabled by default).
devilshakerz.com/pgp (DF3A 34D9 A627 42E5 BC6A 6750 1F2F B8AA 28FF E1BC) ▪ keybase.io/devilshakerz
Not Solved
@Devilshakerz, thanks for your quick reply, but I don't see such an option there (see attachments). Any idea why?

Not Solved
See if there are any problems in Tools & Maintenance → File Verification, and try re-running the upgrade with 1.8.24, 1.8.25 or 1.8.26 selected as the old version.
devilshakerz.com/pgp (DF3A 34D9 A627 42E5 BC6A 6750 1F2F B8AA 28FF E1BC) ▪ keybase.io/devilshakerz
Not Solved
File Verification returns one file: inc/functions_indicators.php

Could this be the root cause?

Is there no option other than a downgrade? I'd rather avoid it. However, if there is no other option, then should I just download the version I want to install, start installing it, and at some point indicate that it is a downgrade? I've never done it before.
Not Solved
(2021-11-27, 11:42 PM)Jaen Wrote: File Verification returns one file: inc/functions_indicators.php

Could this be the root cause?

Unlikely, but you can overwrite the file using the latest package (if it wasn't modified intentionally, or by a plugin).

Quote:Is there no option other than a downgrade? I'd rather avoid it. However, if there is no other option, then should I just download the version I want to install, start installing it, and at some point indicate that it is a downgrade? I've never done it before.

This would only involve uploading the install/ directory again (from the latest Full Package), going to install/upgrade.php?force=1, selecting 1.8.24, 1.8.25 or 1.8.26 and clicking Next a few times.

This would make sure that all database changes since 1.8.26 are applied correctly (missing settings indicate that some changes were not applied).

I assume you were directed to install/upgrade.php at some point when upgrading from 1.8.26, but if that didn't happen, that would also explain the missing settings.