upgrading 1.2.6 to 1.2.9
Hello,
I'm looking for the best way to upgrade from version 1.2.6 to 1.2.9?
Does somebody has any idea?
Thanks,
P911.
back up the files of your mybb forum and then Back up the SQL database

then download the mybb 12.9 files upload them and then run the update.php

and fellow that. select the version of mybb that you are updating from

then you are done
if you need anymore help let me know

best of luck
Tazfan Wrote:back up the files of your mybb forum and then Back up the SQL database

then you are done

best of luck

Won't he probably have some issues with templates? That was the big reason it took me so long to update from 1.2.7.
SagaciousKJB Wrote:
Tazfan Wrote:back up the files of your mybb forum and then Back up the SQL database

then you are done

best of luck

Won't he probably have some issues with templates? That was the big reason it took me so long to update from 1.2.7.

I would say thats right.

so when you have done the update revert all of your templates or if you are using one made up by some one else i am would think there would be a new version of that theme.
COOLIES
I was very particular to my theme and couldn't find an updated version, so I had to follow some guides to get it fix.

One problem I had when I updated from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 and 1.2.9, even after the "Find Update" solution, was the "logout" problem. The instructions in this thread and the threads linked in it were terrific though. http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20519
yes you may get problem with temples if you do post here and some will help you out Big Grin
I saw on a prior post a suggestion for a plugin to automatically "revert" all templates. Is there a quick way to do this, or do you have to go into each template and revert every file one by one? (I imported quite a few templates)