Getting Spammed - Need A "Cannot post links unitl you have made xx posts" Mod
the title says it all, my forum is getting spammed, does anyone know of a mod i can install that requires users to make 50 posts before they can access mybb code or html. at the minute i have disabled html and mybb code until i can fix this issue, help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Moved to Requests forum.

I like the sound of this. Smile
At the moment there are a few plugins that 'require' a certain amount of posts to access features or forums.
Posts required to PM
Posts required to view this forum
thanks, i already have the post to pm mod and the guest mod to allow guests only 5 views then they need to register, but i am getting some bad spam issues and when i view the profile of the spammer they are online for 3 seconds, so i am being botted. anyone else got ideas?
not having links and mybb code ruins the foums identity, but i cant risk my pr going down.
I understand your problem.
You'll just have to have a little patience and hope that a kind person will take up your request and create a plugin for you. Wink

Best of luck with your boards.
This would be a phenomenal plugin. Hope any of you MyBB coders can help us make this a plugin.
All you need do is setup a group that has the access you allow after 50 posts. Change the registered group to be restricted without html or mycode access...make it a very limited group if you want.

Then use this module:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/auto-assign-groups

Blam...your request filled.
CAPTCHA doesn't work for you?

I'd suggest looking into Tikitiki's spam protection plugin.

Also, have you been banning IP ranges?
Banning IPs is pointless. And Tikitiki Akismet plugin is excellent.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:CAPTCHA doesn't work for you?
The registration of the account and validation is done by human, the rest is the 'spam bots'.
labrocca Wrote:All you need do is setup a group that has the access you allow after 50 posts. Change the registered group to be restricted without html or mycode access...make it a very limited group if you want.

Then use this module:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/auto-assign-groups

Blam...your request filled.

thanks for this idea, however i would much preffer a specific plugin that is solely for this "require" setting, if there are any members who have the skills, i am willing to give you a small fee for your efforts, or make a donation to mybb in your name. really need this. also anyone got more info on the askimet plugin? thanks in advance