Spam Prevention Mod Creation - Suggestions Please
#1
hi, i am going to post a project on getafreelancer, i am desperate for a mod for my forum so that i can handle a few extra functions in the forums. i thought i would put up the things i want in it so far, it would be good if you folks could tell me if there is anything extra YOU would like to see in the mod, or i need to be more specific about what i am asking for.

if you think you can write a project for me to post on GAF with all the specifics - go ahead.

here is what i have so far -

# only allow mycode and html in signitures for groups such as admin and moderators - regular users would default have no html or mycode
#require x ammount of posts before user can post www http:// or use html & mycode features
#administration/moderator whitelist - to bypass all these features
#remove the ability for registered users to input their homepage or any website into their profile - (stop spammers making lots of accounts with a link to their page)
#any posts that do have a link or html in them go to the moderation que, regardless of member status/post count - admin bypass


ANY MORE IDEAS/REQUESTS ?
Reply
#2
1st I think this will be moved to modification section!
2nd
Quote:# only allow mycode and html in signitures for groups such as admin and moderators - regular users would default have no html or mycode
allow mycode for normal users, in my openion it's not good idea to force members to use just plain text
Quote:#require x ammount of posts before user can post www http:// or use html & mycode features
just make this disable only www http:// or html, but allow mycode feature, since it's safe and help ppl to orginize thier posts,
Quote:#remove the ability for registered users to input their homepage or any website into their profile - (stop spammers making lots of accounts with a link to their page)
#any posts that do have a link or html in them go to the moderation que, regardless of member status/post count - admin bypass
5 star feature that will be great
here you go with another suggestion
give us the option to add rel="nofollow" for all posted links, and another option to add friend sites, that well be posted without rel="nofollow"
and go ahead and work for it mate it's great project to help us stop spammers
Official Arabic Translator.
Reply
#3
Moved to Development.
Reply
#4
I have submitted a copule of ideas that will help prevent spam, i would surely love it if you could review them and vote for them as they are fantastic ideas.

http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/setting-a...moderation-
http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/sorry-you...-made-20-p
Reply
#5
Quote:# only allow mycode and html in signitures for groups such as admin and moderators - regular users would default have no html or mycode
This is good. Right now DennisTT has a mod for user-based HTML. But groups would probably be less harrassment. Actually this would be a very good idea for an innate mybb function.
Quote:#require x ammount of posts before user can post www http:// or use html & mycode features
I think there's a feature for the link part of this already.
Quote:#administration/moderator whitelist - to bypass all these features
That would be good.
Quote:#remove the ability for registered users to input their homepage or any website into their profile - (stop spammers making lots of accounts with a link to their page)
Not many people click those links, but that would be an OK feature.
Quote:#any posts that do have a link or html in them go to the moderation que, regardless of member status/post count - admin bypass
Mhm.
Reply
#6
House Wrote:
Quote:# only allow mycode and html in signitures for groups such as admin and moderators - regular users would default have no html or mycode
This is good. Right now DennisTT has a mod for user-based HTML. But groups would probably be less harrassment. Actually this would be a very good idea for an innate mybb function.
Quote:#require x ammount of posts before user can post www http:// or use html & mycode features
I think there's a feature for the link part of this already.
Quote:#administration/moderator whitelist - to bypass all these features
That would be good.
Quote:#remove the ability for registered users to input their homepage or any website into their profile - (stop spammers making lots of accounts with a link to their page)
Not many people click those links, but that would be an OK feature.
Quote:#any posts that do have a link or html in them go to the moderation que, regardless of member status/post count - admin bypass
Mhm.

you dont know much about seo then mate ay. regards to those links that knowbody clicks, i could not care less who clicks it, every link out of my site means i need lots more coming back in to compensate for it, imagine this, 100 spam usernames with a profile homepage to a spam porn site means you have 100 outbound links to potentially bed networks. do you know how many links inbound you would need to balance your rank in the search engines for your keyword? i would say atleast 500 from normal pages and a fair few from high rank sites.

or just moderate your forum effectivly and get natural links and ranks.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)