Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
[RELEASE] N.Design 1.4
I like this theme. However, it looks odd not to have a bottom border and shadow for pages that don't fill the screen.

Thanks
Another quirk:

In version 1.2, the Posts and Private Messages links are no longer right-aligned in IE7. It works OK in Firefox and 1.0 works OK in IE7 - see examples in attachments (from IE7).

Version 1.0:

Version 1.2:

David
[Image: forum_signature.png]
Hi David, I'm working on an updated release for MyBB 1.4.2 so I'll see if I can't add a bottom border.

I don't have a Windows machine to test IE7 though, if someone could provide some insight on what I've broken or what hack I should apply that would be helpful. My <span> seems to aligning right, but IE isn't pushing it to the right of its parent div like it should... I didn't keep the old version around, so if you have a copy of the 1.0 theme please post it for me.
(2008-09-26, 12:18 AM)quacktacular Wrote: Hi David, I'm working on an updated release for MyBB 1.4.2 so I'll see if I can't add a bottom border.

I don't have a Windows machine to test IE7 though, if someone could provide some insight on what I've broken or what hack I should apply that would be helpful. My <span> seems to aligning right, but IE isn't pushing it to the right of its parent div like it should... I didn't keep the old version around, so if you have a copy of the 1.0 theme please post it for me.
Many thanks. I might have been wrong - I felt sure it worked with version 1.0 but maybe this was with MyBB 1.2 when I first looked at it. I reloaded 1.0 under my current 1.4.2 build of MyBB to check and the behaviour is the same for both versions of N.Design.

I have attached an example of an IE page as well as a copy of the 1.0 theme for your reference in case you need it for some reason.

.zip   1104-1217802005-N.Design.1.4-1.0.zip (Size: 467.6 KB / Downloads: 216)
David
Thanks, that's helpful. I haven't forgotten, I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow.
Many thanks. I appreciate it. I know that these things take time and we've all got many things to do.
David
Any thoughts? If not, can you point me at what I should be looking at (what and where) and maybe I'll take a look if you don't have a Windows environment. Thanks.
David
It could be any number things, and I'm sorry I haven't got around to it yet.

Anything from an incorrectly closed tag (a span or div in this case), some malformed CSS or perhaps an Internet Explorer quirk.
I think it is to do with IE's quirky handling of floats and the span inside header_welcomeblock_member uses a float:right which I think causes a problem for IE. I'm not expert enough with styles let alone programming it to cope with Microsoft's bugs. :o(
David
I installed a Windows XP SP3 virtual machine today.. The latest IE7 seems to render N.Design properly (I'm using the stock version directly from my site.)

Can anyone reproduce the problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Most strange. I see the problem on three different XP machines. FF3 is OK on all three but IE7 isn't.

I also have some other templates that have essentially similar code for this component and work OK under IE7.
David