Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
World Beyblade Organization
Do you think it would be worth me joining when I'm only interested in the Beyblade Anime?
[Image: SAWEntertainmentLogo.png]
^ Click? =D
(2009-01-12, 12:50 AM)Faint Brushfire Wrote: Do you think it would be worth me joining when I'm only interested in the Beyblade Anime?

Even though it isn't our focus, we do get updates about the Beyblade anime so if you're interested it couldn't hurt.
I must say, that's a mighty nice forum you've got there Brad Smile

Keep up the good work.
(2009-01-12, 11:04 AM)hamster Wrote: I must say, that's a mighty nice forum you've got there Brad Smile

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I worked very hard. Big Grin
Although I'm not really into the topic, I cannot deny that it's a brilliant forum that looks great and is obviously a huge success. I especially like your postbit buttons *envy* Toungue
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
(2009-01-12, 11:28 AM)MattR Wrote: Although I'm not really into the topic, I cannot deny that it's a brilliant forum that looks great and is obviously a huge success. I especially like your postbit buttons *envy* Toungue

Haha thanks Big Grin I'm not posting this here to find people interested, I just wanted comments on the site itself.

If you wanted to use the postbit buttons, maybe we could work something out for that. Big Grin
I know you have a lot of members etc traffics is good..

But really isnt it just:
Edited theme/template - Not much changed
Some mods installed

Some forums not been pruned for ages.. 2007 to be precise..

What can you offer any other "BeyBlade" forums cannot?
Well, to put it simply first, we are by far the most active Beyblade community in the world. In about 15 months we've gotten to almost 800, which is no small feat if you look at most other Beyblade forums out there. The WBO Committee is constructed of veterans and knowledgeable newcomers who offer a Beyblade experience like no one else.

I didn't realize pruning forums was a desired thing? Why should I prune forums? Despite the fact that they are old posts, many of them contain useful information that is still relevant. I don't see why I should set an arbitrary cut-off date for posts to be listed. If you don't want to view them, you can set your own preferences as such. Smile

As an organization we run events all over the world. We are currently establishing a presence in Turkey. It's important to remember that this game currently has no official representation outside of East Asia, so we have taken up the role as a sanctioning body. Even being sanctioned in East Asia is a relatively new development -- between 2004 and 2008 there was no Beyblade product line active and no sanctioning whatsoever.

The World Battle System, which is based on the Match Rank plugin that I had commissioned from Labrocca, is a system that allows Bladers to compete and track their wins and losses online. If you read the OP of this thread -- which already explains a lot of what we do -- you'll see more in-depth discussion of the WBS.

The Beywiki, which is the informational section of the WBO, is widely regarded around the world to be the most in-depth Beyblade resource available, and has spawned similar projects in different parts of the world in different languages -- something we plan to pursue in the future.

If you have any other questions I'd be more than glad to respond, but frankly I think the OP of this thread and spending some time on the site itself will show that we're a very strong website. We've worked hard to provide the best forums experience possible and because of that we've built a great community of knowledgeable Bladers and newbies looking to learn. Our success is no coincidence.
Ok so a few mod installs and a theme edit ???

And also i didnt say pruning forums was desired, some you have dated back in October 2007, have nothing more than the words "Hi im new here"
(2009-01-19, 03:34 PM)JohnMac Wrote: Ok so a few mod installs and a theme edit ???

LOL ... now you're just trolling me. If you really feel that the value of a board comes from how much technical crap you stick to it, you're poorly misguided.

Also, the topics that say "Hi I'm new here" are probably in the introductions forum ... what do you expect to find in there?