Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
World Beyblade Organization
In introduction forums i dont expect to find 4 worded posts or threads O.o At least put how you find us, your name etc.. "hi im new here" can sometimes lead people to think, is that actually another person or someone under a different name just to get posts up :s

Actually, a value of a board is with:

How many members are on it...
What you have done on it.. e.g mods/plugins/themes

You get a lot more value for a board if it has some of them above..
He can't really control if all someone says is 'Hi I'm new here' Undecided

And when I look at a board, mods and themes are the last things I look for. Popularity and content are far more important that customisation....
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
(2009-01-19, 08:38 PM)MattR Wrote: And when I look at a board, mods and themes are the last things I look for. Popularity and content are far more important that customisation....

Correct. I only install mods/plugins that I feel are beneficial to the community in some tangible way. If I install a mod and it doesn't get enough use I'll remove it shortly.

We're the #1 source in the world for Beyblade news. We have inside sources that get news weeks before it's public. We're the only organization hosting Beyblade events around the world. To me, this is far more important than stuffing a forum full of as much customization as possible.

Also, there's no tangible benefit for a high post count and it's not even listed in our postbit, so there's no reason to artificially raise your post count. The introductions forum is the only place where low-content posts are accepted.
Well thanks... you answered all my questions Smile

Only 1 last thing, i typed Beyblade in Google, and your site isn't in the first 2 pages, i have to type worldbeyblade before it comes up.. Could be due to the fact im in the UK, but im not sure...

And i wasn't trying to put the site down by saying there's hardly any mods/plugins on it, i was just saying the value of the forum goes up more if you put more stuff on to it.

I don't really know much about Beyblade, but i do agree like i said before, your forums are active and loads of members, so obviously its a good subject Toungue
(2009-01-19, 10:04 PM)JohnMac Wrote: Only 1 last thing, i typed Beyblade in Google, and your site isn't in the first 2 pages, i have to type worldbeyblade before it comes up.. Could be due to the fact im in the UK, but im not sure...

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about that ... the top listed rankings are all commercial sites with Beyblade listed as a category. They get their high traffic from all their other categories. I've been hoping to make it to page 1, but currently we're stalled at page 8.

(2009-01-19, 10:04 PM)JohnMac Wrote: And i wasn't trying to put the site down by saying there's hardly any mods/plugins on it, i was just saying the value of the forum goes up more if you put more stuff on to it.

Do you really think this? If I install a bunch of mods and plugins that aren't necessary and don't make the site any better, does my site's value actually increase? Which mods would be beneficial to the site that I am not using?
(2009-01-19, 10:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If I install a bunch of mods and plugins that aren't necessary and don't make the site any better, does my site's value actually increase? Which mods would be beneficial to the site that I am not using?

If they were not beneficial you wouldn't install them in the first place.. Well i would think not anyway.
(2009-01-19, 11:19 PM)JohnMac Wrote:
(2009-01-19, 10:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If I install a bunch of mods and plugins that aren't necessary and don't make the site any better, does my site's value actually increase? Which mods would be beneficial to the site that I am not using?

If they were not beneficial you wouldn't install them in the first place.. Well i would think not anyway.

That's my point. I've installed whatever mods I've found that I thought would be good for the site.
Well i was trying to explain that Toungue i need to get better at explaining, Sorry.

What i meant was the more mods/plugins you put on, which people will actually use and enjoy, the more valuable your forum will be.
(2009-01-20, 12:35 AM)JohnMac Wrote: Well i was trying to explain that Toungue i need to get better at explaining, Sorry.

What i meant was the more mods/plugins you put on, which people will actually use and enjoy, the more valuable your forum will be.

And I'm telling you I've already put on the ones that benefit my site, and asked you for suggestions as to which ones you perceive I should be using but am not.
I don't care if you have already put on the ones you already want... I'm saying in general not just your forum but any, the more stuff you put on it (as long as people use it and is worthwhile) the more valuable a forum is.

Obviously if there is a bunch of mods on that nobody uses or dislikes, its not going to increase in value.