Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[F] Guest posting bug [R] [C-Michael83]
:|

Well... don't really know what to say now... Toungue
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
lol I wish I could replicate it so we could find a fix for it - but in a way, it's a good thing Toungue
Toungue I don't mind if nobody else can reproduce, but what will bug me is why it happens to me. It isn't really a little thing either is it really, it's a no perms page and they're called in the PHP, are they not??

Anyway, if a few other people can't reproduce, go ahead and mark this as bogus and I'll just live with it.

I'm hoping someone can reproduce it though so it won't happen to you. Did you try clearing your cache, cookies, etc.? If not, it's worth a try - in my opinion. I don't see how it would show up for you though, and not me and the others. I tried it on both localhost and my personal site and can't reproduce it.
Well, it happened on a browser that I've never used since I first got a localhost forum, so no cookies or password have been saved to it, but even so, I cleared the cookies and cache, same problem. One thing I've just noticed though... the no permissions page says 'You are currently logged in with the username: 'MattR', yet the welcomeblock shows me as a guest. A simple refresh shows me logged in, but no post has gone through. Also if I refresh on the no perms page, I get Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again..

Hm. Looks like a mix-up between the welcome block and the actual user class. It might just be me, but this definitely sounds like a bug.
Hmm... I did think the user session doesn't get created properly, but then why the no perms page?? Guests have full permissions so not sure why a guest would see a no perms page there at all.

Anyway, if anyone wants me to do any other checks, video anything else, just shout and consider it done.

One thing I don't get is, if it's showing you're logged in - why is it showing the no permissions page? And if it's showing you as a guest in the welcome box, why is it showing your username? Almost seems to me like it's just echo'ing the username entered - but it could just be my theory's not right.
Still nobody able to reproduce??

The video was taken on my localhost which uses Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.51b if any of that makes a difference.

WampServer?
(12-19-2008, 07:35 PM)MattR Wrote: The video was taken on my localhost which uses Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.51b if any of that makes a difference.
If so, it shouldn't considering I'm using it as well.:p

(12-19-2008, 07:35 PM)MattR Wrote: Still nobody able to reproduce??
NopeSad Not me, anyways.Sad