Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SMF 2.0 Merging?
Exclamation 
As the first release candidate of SMF 2.0 has been released, does anyone have intentions of making the SVN Snapsnot compatible with merging from SMF 2.0?

I'm really hoping someone will be doing this, as I upgraded my SMF to 2.0 to see if it would fix something going on with my forums, BEFORE I merged to MyBB, but that wasn't the case - and it made it somewhat worse. Now, I NEED to merge and can't.

So, please, is anyone building a merge system for SMF2>MyBB?
I very much doubt anything will be written if it's still in RC stage, as it's likely a lot will change meaning the merger would have to be re-written.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
So, I would pretty much have to wait until the Gold release, huh?

Well, honestly, it doesn't look like it'll matter right now. Looks like I'm going to have to delete my database and revert back to a back-up from before SMF2, seeing as something horrible is going on with my forums.

Personally, I can't wait to get over to MyBB, but man, this is giving me such trouble. Thanks for the quick reply.
Adding one note...

No one would actually be interested in doing a merge system for SMF 2.0, I assume? I'd really appreciate it, ha.
(2009-02-05, 05:49 PM)Joey_WA Wrote: Well, honestly, it doesn't look like it'll matter right now. Looks like I'm going to have to delete my database and revert back to a back-up from before SMF2, seeing as something horrible is going on with my forums.

While I'm not suggesting sticking with SMF since you're having problems plus this is a MyBB forum but can't you get support from them to fix your "something horrible" so you can at least function until you're able to merge?
(2009-02-06, 05:00 AM)catfished Wrote:
(2009-02-05, 05:49 PM)Joey_WA Wrote: Well, honestly, it doesn't look like it'll matter right now. Looks like I'm going to have to delete my database and revert back to a back-up from before SMF2, seeing as something horrible is going on with my forums.

While I'm not suggesting sticking with SMF since you're having problems plus this is a MyBB forum but can't you get support from them to fix your "something horrible" so you can at least function until you're able to merge?
I could, but I just really want to move to MyBB.Angel