Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a wireless router go further
Does anyone know how to make a wireless router spit the internet out a bit further?> I'm right at the edge of my house and only get 1 bar of signal. Can't really move the router either, partly because it's plugged in to the other computer, but mainly because there's no other places to plug it in.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
No you either must buy a new router or try a more expensive way buy a wireless receiving router. (takes the wifi from your old router and put it out again) Also have you checked the area settings of your router?

if it is a tplink i can help you not sure of any other any more tbh.
I'm not here much. Check out my Blog, or Twitter
I have a wireless network here and ive noticed that encrypting it makes it faster so no one steals my internet and slows me down Smile
Aluminum foil on the antenna definitely works. Toungue Just make a parabola figure and place it behind the router to direct the signal.

EDIT: I knew there had to be a video on it, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqnHz75dmQY Toungue
I have Wireless N. It goes pretty far, especially with about 5 computers attached, and a wireless printer, and other small wifi things, such as my Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS, and such.
Cross Industries, LLC - Affordable Technology Services
Phone: (843) 879-8293 E-mail: [[email protected]]Contact Us[/email]
(03-01-2009, 07:14 PM)Schmarvin Wrote: I have Wireless N. It goes pretty far, especially with about 5 computers attached, and a wireless printer, and other small wifi things, such as my Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS, and such.
I have a rangemax from netgear. It has seven internal antennas that are configured dynamically to direct the signal in the best way. Works great.
~Rich---Hamin' X~
Get an extender.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Solutions to extend via a wireless access point can be expensive...better to buy the latest range Wireless N devices.
(03-01-2009, 08:13 PM)labrocca Wrote: Solutions to extend via a wireless access point can be expensive...better to buy the latest range Wireless N devices.
I got a Wireless N device. It works al the way to my room.
Your friendly neighbourhood lurker.
My D Link is fine right now. It is really fast, can download 1.2 GB (Windows 7) in 30 minutes and It is connected to 4 computers on almost all the time, a ds, wii, and 2 other computers.
[Image: Chasingu.png]