Not Solved Google SEO Legacy 1.4.1
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(2009-03-17, 01:00 AM)MenthiX Wrote: 2) I tried using slashes in my URL structure, but this doesn't seem to be an option?

(2009-03-17, 08:31 AM)frostschutz Wrote: Slashes are currently not supported; stock MyBB has all in one directory so MyBB uses relative links everywhere, which stop working as soon as you use anything with folders. You need to add a <base> tag to your head to tell the browser which directory to use instead of the URL folder, it's not a very nice solution.

But I'll see if I can remove the / escapes in the next version, so you can use slashes if you so desire.

Unfortunately it turns out that adding a base tag to the head is not enough to make a fake directory structure work. MyBB does redirects in several places (most prominent is the action=lastpost which redirects to the last posting thread?pid=x URL), and those are relative redirects - they ignore the base tag and try to do a redirect relative to the current directory, so you end up in yoursite/Thread/Thread/somesubject?pid=x or worse, yoursite/Thread/somesubject/Thread/somesubject?pid=x.

The problem is that MyBB expects relative URLs to work in several places so working with folders in the URL structure breaks various things. This is something that requires changes to core MyBB code, it's not something I can implement in a plugin.

So I'm sorry for the folks who wanted to use directory structures with Google SEO, but I'll remove support for this in the next version until I come up with a better solution. I can't offer a feature in my plugin when I know that it's not ever going to work properly.
Not Solved
I also read a base href will likely break anchors. It's not in your hands, thank you for trying though. The default URL structure from the plugin will do too. It's behaving very well, turned on sitemap too now.
Not Solved
On the plus side, I'm looking into implementing canonical links into Google SEO Meta.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters...wer=139394

So Google SEO can hint that Thread-somesubject is the preferred URL for an item and not Thread-somesubject?action=newpost. This seems a better solution than plainly blocking all action= links with robots.txt.
Release 1.0.4 fixed the currently outstanding bugs (fix &amp; on redirect, add warning for missing mbstring support, remove support for slashes in URLs, remove SEO_SUPPORT warning).

The new features are in the works but they will take more time and probably warrant a major version jump (Google SEO 1.1). I'll add features planned for future releases to the first post of this thread and as always I'm open to suggestions.
Not Solved
thanks for the update

how can I upgrade from 1.0.3? there is no info about it in readme file
Not Solved
upload new files, deactivate and activate the plugin

Google SEO documentation says this in its installation instructions:

Quote: If you are a new user, you can then install and activate the plugin
in your Admin CP. If you are upgrading from an old version, do not
uninstall (Google SEO would lose its data and settings), instead just
deactivate and activate the plugin once.
Not Solved
The canonical tag seems pretty interesting. As long as you still include the page numbers on bigger threads ("?page=2") because they are different content than the first page.
Not Solved
hello, i've just installed the google seo plugins, i've modified the htaccess and the functions.php file. i've enabled the seo url from the acp and it tells me: Url is ENABLED
but when i try to go in a forum it display me a white page Sad
This is my htaccess:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require you to specify a RewriteBase
# RewriteBase /

# As first rewrite rule, Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.wild2.altervista.org/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost.html showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+).html showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+).html announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+).html member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+).html calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+).xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum/([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread/([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement/([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User/([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar/([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event/([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404 

.php   functions.php (Size: 131.17 KB / Downloads: 115)
link to forum: http://www.wild2.altervista.org/
What should i do? Confused
And here is the function.php:
[Image: 20j47cg.png]
Not Solved
The official release / support thread for Google SEO is here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-46423.html
(Maybe a mod can be so kind as to merge this thread into the official one? Thank you.)

Regarding your problem, you use slashes / in your URLs, unfortunately this just doesn't work (MyBB expects relative links everywhere and using directories breaks those). Google SEO 1.0.3 tried to introduce support for slashes and failed horribly, so support for this was taken out entirely in Google SEO 1.0.4.

SEO URLs work fine in your forum when rewritten properly, i.e.

http://www.wild2.altervista.org/Forum-Reclutamento is a white page, but
http://www.wild2.altervista.org/forumdis...clutamento works just fine

Oh, and also, your functions.php is missing the modification for get_post_link, everything else is fine (for MyBB 1.4.4).
Not Solved
Merged. It's always better to post in the release thread, mainly so the plugin author will see it quicker, but also to avoid millions of threads about one plugin.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
Not Solved
Why don't you create languages files?