Solved: 6 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 18 Hours, 23 Minutes, 24 Seconds ago 'New Posts' Denied
Solved: 6 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 18 Hours, 23 Minutes, 24 Seconds ago
A few users of my board;

http://www.tortoise-world.com

have been complaining that they cannot access the newposts view of the forum:
http://www.forum.tortoise-world.com/sear...ion=getnew

I've looked around the adminCP, but I really really don't like the new-look one, and I find it very hard to us.

I set up a test account for you to try;

testaccount
tortoise

Thanks in advanced

Josh
Solved: 6 Years, 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 18 Hours, 23 Minutes, 24 Seconds ago
Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again.

This what you mean??
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
It is because there are no new/unread posts. That's why it says "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."
Your friendly neighbourhood lurker.
The currently registered members got the 'permission denied' message that you get when your forum permissions are set that you can't do something. Wierd.
Are they in a different usergroup to the test account?? Can't see how users in the same group would see that message when some don't...

Nope, they are in exactly the same group.
Hmmz... what plugins do you have??

I have phpmyAdmin, which doesn't seem to be compatible with the version of myBB.
phpMyAdmin is part of the hosting package, not MyBB... do you have any MyBB plugins??

This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(03-26-2009, 07:57 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: It is because there are no new/unread posts. That's why it says "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

I submitted a patch to make that error message more friendly when there simply are no new posts.