My first plugin - TagCLoud
Hi,

I have edited a Lex plugin (Tagcloud) downloaded from mybbturkiye.com. The code is very unoptymalized, should I paste this plugin here ?

Thanks
Are you sure the mybbcentral licence allows you to modify and redistribute their plugins? I am pretty sure they don't so you are just asking for an IP ban from them.....
It wasn't made by mybbturkiye.com ? I was looking and I couldn't find any other links.
Leaving information about author won't change anything ?
Well Lex is from mybbcentral.com and both 1.2 and 1.4 tagcloud plugins are available for download there under their subscriber program so I can't imagine them giving permission mybbturkiye.com to redistribute it. Leaving the authors credit does not make a difference, their licence states:
Quote:Mybb Central Software Commercial License version 1.0
=================================

The Software that accompanies this licence is the property of Jesse Labrocca and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. Jesse Labrocca continues to own the Software and you will be entitled to use the Software in certain ways after your acceptance of this licence. Your right to use the Software will be within the limits set forth in this license and applicable law.

Except as may be modified by a licence addendum which accompanies this licence, your rights and obligations with respect to the use of this Software are as follows:

YOU MAY:

(i) install and use the Software under the provisions of this licence.

(ii) modify the code for use on any domains you own

While Jesse Labrocca is and will be the owner and copyright holder of the Jesse Labrocca source code, amendments and new coding will be the property of the originating party.

YOU MAY NOT:

(i) modified software may not be distributed under any of the product names of Jesse Labrocca, unless otherwise is agreed upon. Except as a reference, i.e. like product XYZ powered by Jesse Labrocca

(ii) rebrand the Software for resale or any other purpose.

(iii) licence and resell the Software and/or amendments, modifications and new components.

(iv) install more than 1 copy on a single domain per license owned

(v) transfer through sale this license to a new holder

DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES:

In no event will Jesse Labrocca or any contributors or partners of Jesse Labrocca be liable to you for any special, consequential, indirect or similar damages, including any lost profits or lost data arising from the use or inability to use the Software. The Software comes with no warranty.

GENERAL:

The laws of The United States of America and International Laws will govern this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified by a written document that has been signed by Jesse Labrocca.

I don't know for sure but I am 90% sure plugins by Lex would also be distributed under this licence.
I think Tag cloud plugin is not from Lex, it was developed by labrocca, if I am right.. You have to get permission from them, not with this community Watt.
The 1.2 tagcloud was by Lex, the 1.4 one was from Labrocca I am pretty sure. Is this plugin for 1.4?
Have you got any contact to author ?
/Give me a second i will check
I downloaded this: http://www.mybbturkiye.com/etiket-sistem...20142.html
This is the profile of the author: http://community.mybboard.net/user-2877.html

Unfortunately he is away for a little while at the moment but you can try contacting him I suppose.
Thanks
I can't PM him and
Registration at Mybb Central is now closed.
(2009-08-25, 07:38 AM)Watt Wrote: Thanks
I can't PM him and
Registration at Mybb Central is now closed.

Yeah I know, he has closed his site to all members except his subscribers. I did post a thread for you on there asking about the plugins distributed on MyBB turkey but I don't know how quickly he will reply.