MyBB forum alliance purposal
Forcing people to post on other forums isn't "helping MyBB boards to grow". Imo, it's just a waste of time. Boards with potential and with a good administration will grow, might take time but they will. It is not this kind of things that will make them grow though
MyBB-Plugins.com is for sale - check this thread for more information.
How are you forcing? People can for example decided on which forum they want to post and interests and they get posts back. I mean it's very useful to gain other members since when a forum is active more people tend to join than if it's dead.
Who's going to post? Your members, right? Or the admins?
What are you talking about? The purpose of this idea is for little forums that need a good start. Meaning you can meet up with someone that will post 5 posts per day on your forum and you will post 5 posts on their forum. That way you will increase traffic and activity and it's a good start for a small forum to attract more users.
(2009-08-26, 04:53 PM)Zomaian Wrote: What are you talking about? The purpose of this idea is for little forums that need a good start. Meaning you can meet up with someone that will post 5 posts per day on your forum and you will post 5 posts on their forum. That way you will increase traffic and activity and it's a good start for a small forum to attract more users.

(2009-08-26, 04:43 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Who's going to post? Your members, right? Or the admins?
(2009-08-26, 04:38 PM)Zomaian Wrote: ...and they get posts back.

What quality are those posts?
How about if the admin can reward extra points (credits) when they like the new posts?
Reward extra points for quality?

Good idea, but...
How many extra points (credits) do the admins have to give away, and how do they get more?... By posting on other sites? .... So if you reward someone for a quality post, now you have less credits to buy more shared traffic? Huh

• Imo, the idea is really nice, and there are a lot of decisions to make before starting.

It could work, but Pirata Nervo is also correct that simple traffic exchanges can be a waste of time.
#
MyBB is the best forum software! Exclamation

Ah I see the what you are saying but the quality of the posts should be under a rule called "Common Sense".
(2009-08-26, 04:36 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Forcing people to post on other forums isn't "helping MyBB boards to grow". Imo, it's just a waste of time. Boards with potential and with a good administration will grow, might take time but they will. It is not this kind of things that will make them grow though
I hate to say it but I find the way you put your thoughts across pretty badly. Hypocritical to a point and I honestly don't know if you mean to sound this way but why bother posting to this if you're against?

You can't force people to do anything over the internet, that's a silly comment.

By giving a "new" forum a few members and decent activity it says "we care" and it something that helps equally because a boost in discussion helps attract people. Why am I bothering trying to explain this?

Boards with potential and good administration will grow...
That's not always the case and I find this to be a silly comment too.

See where's the arm in giving "friendly" help by exchanging posts, it's a good thing because you grow a bigger understanding of other sites and it allows you to build bridges with other site owners as well a learning curve. You see a forum run well, you'll pick it up. If you're site isn't doing well, you can see how to fix issues just by taking part on others.

Are you always so negative and bossy?
Hmm no, and I am not negative nor bossy. I was expressing my point.
What do you want me to say?
YES, GREAT IDEA! LET'S TO DO IT.

I don't agree with it so I guess I can express my point and explain why Toungue
If you think this will work, give it a try then and come back and tell me if it worked or not. We'll see who's right.

(2009-08-26, 10:33 PM)Kerrang! Wrote:
(2009-08-26, 04:36 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Forcing people to post on other forums isn't "helping MyBB boards to grow". Imo, it's just a waste of time. Boards with potential and with a good administration will grow, might take time but they will. It is not this kind of things that will make them grow though
I hate to say it but I find the way you put your thoughts across pretty badly. Hypocritical to a point and I honestly don't know if you mean to sound this way but why bother posting to this if you're against?
Hmm, why would I sound hypocritical? Just because I said that boards with potential with good administration will grow? So, by following your thoughts, you think that all boards will grow. I didn't say they didn't have the rights to try to grow. They do, however, it's a waste of time because they will not grow.

(2009-08-26, 10:33 PM)Kerrang! Wrote: You can't force people to do anything over the internet, that's a silly comment.

By giving a "new" forum a few members and decent activity it says "we care" and it something that helps equally because a boost in discussion helps attract people. Why am I bothering trying to explain this?

Boards with potential and good administration will grow...
That's not always the case and I find this to be a silly comment too.
Can you give me an example of a board without potential and bad administration that has grown? I will go back and ask for apologies, but until then I won't.

(2009-08-26, 10:33 PM)Kerrang! Wrote: See where's the arm in giving "friendly" help by exchanging posts, it's a good thing because you grow a bigger understanding of other sites and it allows you to build bridges with other site owners as well a learning curve. You see a forum run well, you'll pick it up. If you're site isn't doing well, you can see how to fix issues just by taking part on others.

Are you always so negative and bossy?
You don't increase your knowledge by exchanging posts. If you want to look for successful boards, use google. You'll find many and you'll see that each successfull board has unique content, this is why it is so successful.
And, by the way, people with forums running well don't need this "alliance".
I am not trying to be rude or anything like, just trying to explain you that you're going to waste your time on something, while you could spend your time investing on something else that would actually bring real traffic to your forum.

Think about it Smile
Guys please do not argue over this but I got to agree with Kerrang, I have hosted over 5 forums ranging from 1,000-10,000 posts before they died. A good administration does not always do the trick.

The trick is to get content, the more content you forum has the more traffic, hits, and members you get. How do you get content? By getting members to post threads and keep the discussions going. This MyBB forum alliance will do this by proving a small base of members that your board can rely on and that will post daily a view posts and all you got to do is post back.

That way you know your forum will stay active and get more content while increasing your traffic and members.